[SOLVED] Can't load kiosk config - incorrect path.

Post bug reports related to either the kiosk ISO or the kiosk wizard here.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
Aitrusskyy
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 4.1

[SOLVED] Can't load kiosk config - incorrect path.

Post#1 by Aitrusskyy » 22 Dec 2016, 22:34

Removed the space between Kiosk Config.txt and renamed to config.txt . This corrected the error per fanthom's feedback . A huge thank you.

Hi,

I've built and deployed a successful image in the past. I recently went about rebuilding due to a change in our whitelist (and our current setup does not allow for pxe or pulling config from the network).

I followed the procedure to create my module, put it in the correct location, created the hybrid image, then used win32 disk imgr to copy it to USB.
The usb boots fine and proceeds to the load configuration file screen. I attempt to locate my Kiosk Config.txt which is within my 005-cb.xzm module. When I browse for file location I see the file at the top under usr/bin just like the original image I built. When I select the file and click Load Config I receive the error "Could not load kiosk config - incorrect path"

It is the right path and I can see the file extracted from the module. I tried to search this issue and didn't see my exact error anywhere but I did see mention of possible incorrect formatting in the config file?

Any thoughts?
Much appreciated.
Last edited by Aitrusskyy on 23 Dec 2016, 15:41, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: Can't load kiosk config - incorrect path.

Post#2 by fanthom » 23 Dec 2016, 09:45

Hello Aitrusskyy,

Whitespaces in files names are problematic under linux. Name it simply as Config.txt and will work ok.

BTW: its your 3rd post and you still keep posting in wrong forum section ...
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

Aitrusskyy
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: 4.1

Re: Can't load kiosk config - incorrect path.

Post#3 by Aitrusskyy » 23 Dec 2016, 15:13

Thanks for the feedback and apologies. I figured I am a noob @ this and appropriately should post here in the newbie section. I'll post in the correct area from now on. Thanks.