- Porteus started out from Slax and is based on Slackware. Porteus Nemesis, started in the later half of 2015, is based on Manjaro rather than Slackware and is currently in development. It might or might not become Porteus 4.0 and Porteus might officially move from a Slackware base to Manjaro/Arch base.
- We have only one person developing and maintaining Porteus, brokenman. Holy crap, thanks for all your work. I am using Porteus Nemesis right now am so far I am liking it. Also thanks to the moderators and other users for maintaining the site and answering my questions.
- There is a lack of man power. Porteus, having a small community and being a Linux distro, which doesn't have many users compared to other OS, naturally does not have millions of people behind it.
- have never participated in any forums. This is actually my first time posting questions and getting answers. The next most similar thing I have done is posting a tad bit on Reddit. I mostly always lurk anonymously. I usually do not make accounts at all.
- do not have much knowledge about Porteus and Linux. The first time I actually looked into Linux is 5 weeks ago when school started after winter break and my Open Source Whatever course started. And then 3 weeks ago, I started my search for Linux distros to dual boot with my Windows 10. I downloaded around 8 different distros and successfully live booted 6 while the rest failed for whatever reason. Then I came across Porteus and my Windows got corrupted. Now I am only using Porteus Nemesis. And yes I understand that Porteus Nemesis is in development and I will make sure back up my data and/or find a more stable distro to use.
Anyways, long story short, I am a newbie and would like to help out somehow. How can I, with my incompetence, help out and contribute to the project?