I am sorry that you are incapable of seeing that you have been running Boinc on your own from 17 Sep 2015 up to some time just before 15 Oct 2015.
Post of 13 Oct 2015
wacojohn wrote:The point is, I would like to boot up this computer and run BOINC. I would like to be able to update the OS ... I would think. To reach these goals, I think I need you to resume your support and development of the 'module', then instruct on Porteus installation and BOINC execution.
I would not blame you if you said 'Get out of my life' .... and I feel terrible that I missed the point ... that we are not 'finished' ....but I can't run this the way it is at this point
I hope you will be willing to finish this up. Thank you in advance.
Consenting to this I expected that this would be taken as a goodwill gesture, that the OP realised I had other priorities, and that I would help out as and when I could. No time frame was mentioned, so OP should have realised it would not be a matter of just a few days. As it happens it could have been a matter of just a few days, were it not for unnecessary delays on the part of the OP.
I need you to resume your support and development of the 'module'
Since before the 27 Sep 2015 been running Boinc for myself using the module offered in i486 xzm modules
I need you to resume your support and ... instruct on Porteus installation
- Post of 19 Oct utc 01:39: OP proved incapable of downloading Boinc module from link given to post in i486 xzm modules. Post of 19 Oct utc 12:17: as concession md5sum and download link copied from aforementioned post given together with request to download Boinc module
- 20th Oct had Boinc client running
- On 22nd Oct had proved the module. Following update of XFCE to GTK+3, Boinc manager was functional.
- Post 24 Oct utc 13:53: confirms Boinc running on system (without changes) together with update of XFCE to GTK+3, allowing Boinc manager to be functional
I need you to resume your support and ... instruct on ... BOINC execution.
- Post 24 Oct utc 22:06: Implementing changes with Boinc
- 25 Oct: Work on Changes together with bending over backwards to get FireFox going with all extensions held in profile.
- Post 25 Oct utc 20:22: Verification of cleaned up Installation together with availability of FF profile holding extensions
Able to do this as am myself running Boinc. This is nothing to do with Porteus or the module but correct invocation of the Boinc program, using the program documentation:
- Invocation of Boinc client giving correct arguments to enable client to connect to BOINC directory data.
- Invocation of Boinc manager working round failure of program to follow documentation given by help switch. The script to do this should have been run correctly in the run described by post of 25 Oct utc 20:22, but for reason only known to OP was invoked, but incorrectly, not as per script.
Proving Boinc client and manager viability in conjunction with cleaned up changes and an available FF profile holding all extensions
should have gone through in run alluded to by post of 25 Oct utc 20:22.
Over and done with straight away, but for the sheer ineptitude exhibited by the OP: witness ultimatum made in my Post of 23 Oct utc 21:30, and Post of 28 Oct utc 01:57 where I thought it to be so simple that nothing could go wrong. And well blow me down, you could have knocked me over with a feather, the OP managed to make a pig's ear of it. (Witness my response pointing this out in Post of 28 Oct utc 13:11).
This had to drag on with all sorts of shenanigans until Post of 29 Oct 14:54 showed that OP had finally got it right! (Functioning changes, together with Boinc client, Boinc manager and FF with all extensions.)
Could now consider a script to make this final phase of the start up process foolproof.
Other priorities over the last few days meant Boinc had to take a back seat, apart from looking at ways how best to implement the start-up script, and as well my previous post describing steps to take after reboot in order to restore the situation. (Functioning changes, together with Boinc client, Boinc manager and FF with all extensions.)
(The OP it would appear, expects 24/7 support. This is not available. Here we are all volunteers.)
You have made your thoughts and your ignorance abundantly clear in could someone explain this, please
, so forget the start-up script, forget help with fine tuning Boinc, forget help with backing up the Boinc environment.
Should reboot become necessary, my previous post outlines the steps needed to restore the situation (Functioning changes, together with Boinc client, Boinc manager and FF with all extensions)
The fact that you are incapable of seeing that you are or were until just recently running Boinc client and manager on a cleaned up installation using changes and having all your Firefox extensions available, requires that I abandon you to your own devices.
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB