Non release banter
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Black ninja
- Posts: 56
- Joined: 18 Aug 2013, 10:23
- Distribution: Based on Debian and Slackware
- Location: Italy
I'd like write special characters like the tilde (~) and back quotes, I require them for writing things inside a wiki. Is there any way to enable alt-codes on Porteus or the Composite Key? (I'd like it to be a universal method that is independent from my Desktop Environment.
- Posts: 5314
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
- Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
- Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.
I suspect that this link will yield the information that your would like:
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4676
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 02:42
- Distribution: Porteus Kiosk
- Location: Poland, currently - Cork, IE
'kmap=' chetcode should work:
Code: Select all
kmap=keyboardmap kmap=keyboardmap1,keyboardmap2,keyboardmap3 kmap=keyboardmap:variant ... Specifies the preferred keyboard layout for KDE/LXDE/XFCE or other desktop. A full list of supported layouts can be found in the /etc/X11/xkb/symbols folder. Up to 3 layouts are supported. Example: 'kmap=ara,us' will set the arabic keyboard layout at startup. 'kmap=ara,us' will keep arabic layout as default with possibility of switching to 'us' by 'alt+shift' key combination. Keyboard layout variants are also supported. Example: 'kmap=pl:qwertz' will set the polish keyboard layout with 'qwertz' as a variant.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.