New features which should be implemented in Porteus; suggestions are welcome. All questions or problems with testing releases (alpha, beta, or rc) should go in their relevant thread here, rather than the Bug Reports section.
- DEV Team
- Posts: 1806
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 11:31
- Distribution: ⟰ Porteus 4.0 Cinnamon x86_64
- Location: ☭ Russian Federation, Lipetsk region, Dankov
xtensions) is an Internet standard for describes message content types.
MIME messages can contain text, images, audio, video, and other application-specific data.
Official MIME info is provided by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) in the following documents:
- RFC-822 Standard for ARPA Internet text messages
- RFC-2045 MIME Part 1: Format of Internet Message Bodies
- RFC-2046 MIME Part 2: Media Types
- RFC-2047 MIME Part 3: Header Extensions for Non-ASCII Text
- RFC-2048 MIME Part 4: Registration Procedures
- RFC-2049 MIME Part 5: Conformance Criteria and Examples
Different applications support different MIME types.
I have question about it.
What kind of MIME types for files .lzm
Code: Select all
.gtar -> application/x-gtar
.tar -> application/x-tar
.tgz -> application/x-compressed-tar
.tgz -> application/gnutar
If I'm not mistaken I think that mime type for
Am I right?
Last edited by Blaze
on 18 Mar 2011, 17:24, edited 1 time in total.
Linux porteus 4.15.10-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT Sun Mar 18 10:35:07 x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6600K CPU @ 3.50GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Tobago PRO [Radeon R7 360 / R9 360 OEM] (rev 81) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16
- Site Admin
- Posts: 4767
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 02:42
- Distribution: Porteus Kiosk
- Location: Poland, currently - Cork, IE
yes, but you need edit /usr/share/mime/packages/freedesktop.org.xml to get them recognized globally (all desktops/users) by the system.
done in both BETA's for lzm/xzm.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.