Here you can post about your various experiences with PC hardware. You can also post about hardware that is not compatible with the linux kernel or not recommended for use with Porteus.
- Posts: 5356
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
- Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
- Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.
It seems that swapspace is even better than swapd:
... Unlike similar programs such as dynswapd and the older (and more portable) swapd, Swapspace also adapts the sizes of the swap files it creates to meet demand...
According to your architecture download swapspace from debian:
A necessary dependency:
And proceed to deb2xzm. Then start it in command line:
When not to use it
In its current form, Swapspace is probably not a good choice for systems that need to remain responsive at all times
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 29 Sep 2014, 05:58
- Distribution: 64bit LxQt (Plastique/Mikachu)
- Location: Jersey City N.J. USA
Sounds like a winner... especially if combined with this on a Kingston HyperX SSD... :wink:
Posted by 220.127.116.11 via http://webwarper.net
This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service