The behavior is the following:
1) I get into mate root mode according to the following grub legacy entry in my menu.lst:
Code: Select all
title porteus v2_64 on sda5 64bit_v21 MATE root (hd0,4) kernel /64bit_v21/boot/syslinux/vmlinuz from=/dev/sda5/64bit_v21 changes=EXIT:/64bit_v21/mate load=mate.xzm login=root initrd /64bit_v21/boot/syslinux/initrd.xz boot
logout button (that I have install on the upper panel with the add item dialog box)
3) At login dialog box I give the correct guest password.
Mate will simply not boot, though trying to do so. It takes time before I get back into the login manager.
I have tried:
1) changing the guest password
2) changing the load cheatcode in the menu.lst entry to login=guest
3) with always fresh mode without the load=guest cheatcode
Any suggestion would be appreciated.