Here is a high definition video
Here is a low definition video
I'll post a link the the module soon. Simply replace your existing 003-desktop.xzm module in your base folder and your good to go!
Reply if you have an interest in the gnome environment for Porteus.
Here is the 32bit module.
Here is the 64bit module.
1) You will need the Samba module from repo to browse network in filemanager.
2) I've included a 'bundle manager' which can be accessed from a terminal by typing: pbundle
These bundles work out of the box and have all deps included. Mostly for 32bit at the moment. (e.g command: pbundle list media)
GTK was compiled with debug so there be error messages spat out. Nothing I've seen affects functionality.
3) If you prefer a different theme then use:
Code: Select all
pbundle get mate-icon-theme-faenza pbundle get mate-theme
1) Something funky with power management. When left to go to screensaver, then left some more the screen blanks out and doesn't return.
2) Connect to server (windows share) isn't functioning but browse network shares in file manager (caja) does the job.
3) /var/run/slim.auth is not created fast enough and gives an very fast error just before login. It is created some seconds later.
Some applications I've included are: deadbeef media player, brasero DVD burner, claws email, engrampa archive manager, a decent text editor, udevil mount manager, gparted, grsync and a nice terminal.
This is my desktop of preference. It is stable, has much functionality (with a small footprint) and is actively being developed. It appears it will be actively developed at least for the next few years according to reports. Enjoy.