Live-System invitation from AntiX

For discussions about programming and projects not necessarily associated with Porteus.
nanZor
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.01 x86-64 LXQT

Post#1 by nanZor » 16 Mar 2021, 10:20

Just a note that BitJam, the lead dev of AntiX has extended an invitation to anyone who wants to port their live system is more than welcome to do so! I mean, this is free-software right?

Please know that I'm not evangelizing one system over the other. I regularly use recent Porteus, TinyCore, Slitaz, AntiX/MX, and Knoppix booting from sticks as the need / mood occurs. Each is truly wonderful and unique.

Just putting this invitation out there in case it is useful.
That's a UNIX book - cool. -Garth

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#2 by francois » 17 Mar 2021, 23:06

Is this a call for a nemesis upgrade and collaboration? Would we get some help to refine brokenman's pman module manager with artix enthusiasts?
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Post#3 by ncmprhnsbl » 18 Mar 2021, 00:02

francois wrote:
17 Mar 2021, 23:06
Is this a call for a nemesis upgrade and collaboration? Would we get some help to refine brokenman's pman module manager with artix enthusiasts?
AntiX(with an 'n') is not artix(with an 'r') :D
and certainly, one day, when time permits, AntiX could be part of a possible pathway to a debian(ish) based flavour of porteus..
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#4 by francois » 18 Mar 2021, 01:39

Ahhhh! Right! I read so fast. This is diagonal reading on only five lines. Or maybe, I am due for the optometrist. Before coming to slax, I was a mepis follower, antix being a light version of mepis or its descendant, isn't?
Nonetheles, my idea is not so bad about nemesis being brought up to a live version of artix. Isn't? B)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

nanZor
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: Porteus 5.01 x86-64 LXQT

Post#5 by nanZor » 23 Mar 2021, 05:37

Yeah, not so much about trying to make distros emulate Anti-X live-system exactly, but appears to be more of an open invitation to other devs to not feel shy and use anything they want if it will help, especially during these tough times.

Seems like more of a message from one dev to another that we're all in this together - even if the distros have their own unique designs and needs looks like they'd be willing to help in some form.

Pretty cool - although the particulars would really be carried out on those secret dev-channels amongst each other. :)
That's a UNIX book - cool. -Garth