[Solved] how can i do a beep in porteus?

For discussions about programming and projects not necessarily associated with Porteus.
pasks
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus

[Solved] how can i do a beep in porteus?

Post#1 by pasks » 28 May 2014, 14:29

Guys i have a problem: i want issue a beep with porteus. Actually i have add a pcspkr.ko kernel module in /input/misc/ and enable it with command "modprobe pcspkr", in fact when i call lsmod, the pcspkr module appear in top of the list. When i call the beep program with command "beep -f 2000 -l 2000" the beep isn't give out. Some of you could help me please?
Last edited by pasks on 30 May 2014, 11:44, edited 1 time in total.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: how can i do a beep in porteus?

Post#2 by fanthom » 28 May 2014, 14:39

hello pasks,

did you recompile the kernel with PC speaker support or grabbed this module from some other kernel? if latter then i would recommend full recompilation as some other kernel deps may be needed to be enabled.

btw: shouldn't this topic belong to 'hardware' section of the forum?
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

pasks
Ronin
Ronin

Post#3 by pasks » 28 May 2014, 14:46

fanthom wrote:did you recompile the kernel with PC speaker support or grabbed this module from some other kernel? if latter then i would recommend full recompilation as some other kernel deps may be needed to be enabled.
I found the pcspkr source code (pcspkr.c) on-line and compile this to generate a .ko file. Then i move it in ../input/misc/ and i have modify di .config file in /usr/src/uname -r/

I try to recompile the kernel module, hoping that it works :wall:

pasks
Ronin
Ronin

Post#4 by pasks » 30 May 2014, 11:43

I recompile kernel with pcspkr module enable and it run!
I follow this guide http://www.porteus.org/tutorials/51-dev ... ernel.html and i change the kernel version with 3.16.6 and aufs version 3.16
thanks so much :beer: