My recent desktop…

You can share and discuss your work with other graphics designers here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4606
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
Distribution: XFCE 5.0 x86_64 + 4.0 i586
Location: Forests of Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#1 by Rava » 02 Nov 2022, 19:52

It took me a while to find in one of my recent Anime series a water based screenshot…
Series The Executioner and Her Way of Life - Episode 12.

Please know that the art is copyrighted and thus non free so please don't use it in any official or commercial way in connection with Porteus. no url thanks to gnintilgyes, see below Thanks.

Downsized screenshot:
Image
Cheers!
Yours Rava

User avatar
babam
Shogun
Shogun
Posts: 465
Joined: 16 Nov 2016, 10:30
Distribution: Porteus 5.0rc3 Xfce K6.1.1
Location: Rainy city

My recent desktop…

Post#2 by babam » 02 Nov 2022, 23:10

My Xfce desktop
Image
Sorry, my English is bad.

coa
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 44
Joined: 13 Oct 2022, 16:41
Distribution: porteus 5.0 cinnamon
Contact:

My recent desktop…

Post#3 by coa » 15 Nov 2022, 15:24

both desktops looks great!

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Posts: 1975
Joined: 17 Jun 2013, 13:17
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit
Location: Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#4 by donald » 03 Dec 2022, 12:43

XFCE
Image

gnintilgyes
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 73
Joined: 14 Sep 2022, 17:52
Distribution: Debian

My recent desktop…

Post#5 by gnintilgyes » 04 Dec 2022, 00:58

@babam I like yours, fooled me a bit into thinking it was Plasma. :O

@Rava because you said "please" twice you shouldn't have provided the link to the full-blown picture. Also because the name of the file has "sex" in the name. ;)

But now I differ from all of you. "neofetch" courtesy of Manjaro MATE. <3

Image

User avatar
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4606
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
Distribution: XFCE 5.0 x86_64 + 4.0 i586
Location: Forests of Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#6 by Rava » 04 Dec 2022, 06:04

gnintilgyes wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 00:58
Also because the name of the file has "sex" in the name. ;)
You are correct, it has.
At the end of any file the image hoster adds some random string, this time the creation of that random string added "sex". Though, nothing adult related to be seen in the image.
Since you spoiled my attempt in obfuscating the provided the link to the full-blown picture, I take the URL out of the post. Thanks </irony> for being a downer on that.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

User avatar
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4606
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
Distribution: XFCE 5.0 x86_64 + 4.0 i586
Location: Forests of Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#7 by Rava » 04 Dec 2022, 15:08

Image

For once a bright desktop image.
Cave! I did a really crappy quick n dirty job in expanding the image to the left and right.
The original is on konachan - full name of the original there is Konachan.com - 644 - kino_no_tabi 112.jpg and it's 1600x1200 while mine is cropped top and bottom and expanded right and left and 1920x1080.

Warning, there is also NSFW content on konachan! Consider yourself warned.
Therefore no link to that site from me. Image
Cheers!
Yours Rava

User avatar
Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7435
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 22:12
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.0 ISO
Location: Western NY, USA

My recent desktop…

Post#8 by Ed_P » 04 Dec 2022, 16:59

Nice job on the wallpaper Rava. :happy62: But I thought you didn't like bright screens. :unknown:
Ed

User avatar
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4606
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
Distribution: XFCE 5.0 x86_64 + 4.0 i586
Location: Forests of Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#9 by Rava » 04 Dec 2022, 18:45

Ed_P wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 16:59
Nice job on the wallpaper Rava.
Not really, compare it to the original and you see that my job is far from nice. It might not be abysmal, but nice is putting it into a too good category. It was a10 minutes rushed job after all.
Ed_P wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 16:59
:happy62: But I thought you didn't like bright screens. :unknown:
Indeed I do, therefore I wrote:
Rava wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 15:08
For once a bright desktop image.
But I really liked the Kino's Journey wallpaper (as in: the original Konachan.com - 644 - kino_no_tabi 112.jpg - maybe there are versions with 16:9 aspect ratio out there by the origial artist?) when I stumbled upon it so my inner fanboy took me for a small ride. B)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

User avatar
Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 7435
Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 22:12
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.0 ISO
Location: Western NY, USA

My recent desktop…

Post#10 by Ed_P » 04 Dec 2022, 19:40

Rava wrote:
04 Dec 2022, 18:45
compare it to the original and you see that my job is far from nice
Your wallpaper looks very nice. Whether it matches the original is immaterial, only the end results is what counts and it is attractive.
Ed

User avatar
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4606
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
Distribution: XFCE 5.0 x86_64 + 4.0 i586
Location: Forests of Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#11 by Rava » 05 Dec 2022, 04:11

Image

The image is part of a video called "Ganyu PV without Voice Over".
The image was originally 1200 x 630. I do not recall 100%, but it could be that I found the image on the net and it's not a screenshot of the video itself. (The image looks too high a quality to be a mere screenshot of a video)
I blew it up to height of 1080 and cropped it to width of 1920 (It would have been width of 2057 otherwise). Using mtpaint I also used its Unsharp Mask - Radius 5.00, Amount 0.30, Threshold 0, [x] Gamma corrected.
This time I am quite pleased with the results. Image

And thanks to gnintilgyes most likely again spoiling the fun for everyone, no link to the full sized wallpaper as resized, cropped and unsharp-masked.
But using mtpaint you can easily do it yourself. :) (When you can find the original, that is.)

Added in 7 minutes 77 seconds:
In comparison, this is what the original looks like (like explained above, only a small preview thanks to gnintilgyes)
Image
resized to a mere 400x210 px - originally it's 1200 x 630.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

gnintilgyes
Black ninja
Black ninja
Posts: 73
Joined: 14 Sep 2022, 17:52
Distribution: Debian

My recent desktop…

Post#12 by gnintilgyes » 06 Dec 2022, 02:57

LOL.

Am I really spoiling the fun? I wasn't the one who showed off a desktop look but then said, "Please no sharing because the wallpaper is not mine."

I could have been one of those people never posting here, and never even creating an account on this site, taking up all that you posted here so far and then say somewhere else, "Some German moderator on some forum posting Anime stuff which might have really cool content." And I'm only using an euphemism! :mega_shok:

User avatar
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4606
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
Distribution: XFCE 5.0 x86_64 + 4.0 i586
Location: Forests of Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#13 by Rava » 06 Dec 2022, 07:18

gnintilgyes wrote:
06 Dec 2022, 02:57
Am I really spoiling the fun? I wasn't the one who showed off a desktop look but then said, "Please no sharing because the wallpaper is not mine."
This is not what i wrote.
I wrote:
Rava wrote:
02 Nov 2022, 19:52
Please know that the art is copyrighted and thus non free so please don't use it in any official or commercial way in connection with Porteus.
Do you get the difference in what you claim I wrote and what I really wrote?

I never ever wrote "no sharing".
Cheers!
Yours Rava

User avatar
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 4606
Joined: 11 Jan 2011, 02:46
Distribution: XFCE 5.0 x86_64 + 4.0 i586
Location: Forests of Germany

My recent desktop…

Post#14 by Rava » 02 Jan 2023, 04:39

Using this from https://animeshka.org
https://animeshka.org/uploads/posts/202 ... ivo-58.jpg
Image
:)

Added in 2 minutes 12 seconds:
animeshka.org have some lovely dark night skies images that go well with the water theme of Porteus. :celebrate3:
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Post Reply