Accidentally installed Porteus on my C drive

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
mr_projects
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: N/A

Post#1 by mr_projects » 22 Apr 2021, 17:47

Unfortunately I installed Porteus accidentally, I had my Porteus installer on my C: drive assuming that it will let me choose which drive to install. Then when I read there were no such option, I decided to cancel, so it says press [x] to close I pressed the X letter on my keyboard instead of the window close button :wall: Then it installed on my C drive

Right now I didn't restart my device, can someone help me uninstall it from my system ? I looked through the guides in the website but I didn't find a solution for my case.

I hope someone helps I won't be restarting just incase this messes my windows up like this guy
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2304989

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#2 by Ed_P » 22 Apr 2021, 21:55

Well, Porteus is not Ubuntu based so no grub2 install to worry about. I recommend booting the system so we can determine what you boot to. If your system is EFI based you may boot to a menu allowing you to boot Porteus or Windows, which is not a bad thing.

And your Ubuntu incident is 6 yrs ago so definitely a different version of Porteus. And it links to a boot repair utility so worst case you may use that.
Ed