SETTINGS ERASE

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
minions2021
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: porteus 5

SETTINGS ERASE

Post#1 by minions2021 » 09 Feb 2021, 01:15

Hi all my name is Elicia and I am new to Porteus. I have a few questions.

I have the porteous os system installed on my hard drive and I have noticed that every time I restart porteus I have to reactivate/reinstall everything again whether it be the thunderbird client, my wifi connection or the user credentials . What I would like to see happen is that after turning on and starting up my pc I should only have to log in with my username and password and everything else will be automatically done for me.

in previous linux distros there is an application/software manager used to find and download software - where is this in porteus? how do I obtain other software?

in other linux distros there is usually a mail indicator near the clock area in the profile bar/taskbar on the desktop how do I get thunderbird to act/look like this?

:sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :sos: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

SETTINGS ERASE

Post#2 by Ed_P » 09 Feb 2021, 05:20

Hello Elicia. Welcome to Porteus.

What s the format of the partition Porteus is installed on? How are you booting Porteus; EFI, BIOS, grub2? Do you have a /changes folder and if so what's in it? Is your pc a 64bit system or a 32bit system? Why a test version of Porteus rather than the 4.0 version?
Ed