Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1
Hey there, im new to porteus and am trying to install some repositories. After running the command usm - u all, it downloads 5 files and then says 'There was a problem downloading the file:' with nothing listed after the colon. I have alread tried changing the repository mirror location to a mirror in Germany, and still no dice. It would be nice to have firefox at the very least.
- Posts: 5545
- Joined: 06 Feb 2013, 22:12
- Distribution: 4.0 Cinnamon 64-bit ISO
- Location: Western NY, USA
- DEV Team
- Posts: 2553
- Joined: 20 Mar 2012, 03:42
- Distribution: 5.0rc1-64bit all-DE+more
- Location: australia
which DE are you using?
in any case: open a terminal and as root:
Code: Select all
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44
- Posts: 5795
- Joined: 28 Dec 2010, 14:25
- Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
- Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.
Please provide the complete error message. We would be happy to give you full access to usm. Are you working with porteus v.4 or v.5?
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.