requisits for porteus based system ??

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
usernew
White ninja
White ninja

requisits for porteus based system ??

Post#1 by usernew » 10 Dec 2011, 21:27

hi , i have this question...

when any one need a create custom project based on porteus...what limitas have for this ??

i need (obiously) , change HOSTNAME , wallpaper , and other custom parts of the porteus project.

i have my custom kernel .. need core , xorg , kde and devel modules ...for start the project,.

in core i addem some libraries i need..to the salckware oficial repository , like subversion , apr and others all work nice.
on xorg i updated xorg-server , drivers ,glib and pixman.

on devel y added gcc 4.6.1 , git 1.7.8 and some little update.

on kde "hugh" , to many work hi grade of customization ...want my custom wallpaper and other parts...working.

--------------------------------------------------
question is ""i can try" ??? or porteus team no permission me this ?

slax is too old ,. and try no work more on slax based , changing my work to porteus...is this possible.

name of the distribution are wifiway , every time based on slax ...around 6 editions..but slax core is old ...and porteus new and powerfull based slackware ...same work all compatible for me.

developers have limits to change parts need?
i can work on your distro based?

thanks for all.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Re: requisits for porteus based system ??

Post#2 by fanthom » 10 Dec 2011, 21:50

this is open source so you can do whatever you want.
i would recommend changing the name of your distro slightly but no other obligations from my side (i think others will agree with me).

we have even a special section of the forum dedicated to Porteus derivatives:
http://porteus.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=58
so you can announce your build over there if you want.

we are happy (and proud) that someone appreciates our work and bases another projects on porteus.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

usernew
White ninja
White ninja

Re: requisits for porteus based system ??

Post#3 by usernew » 10 Dec 2011, 22:26

i apreciate your words, and all the porteus work,.

the name of the distribuiton have too many years , since versions 0.1 , to 0.8 , 1.0 ,2.0,2.0.2 and 2.0.3 , too years whit this name , this month y try out version 3.0 . (ever slax based)

is a small wireless security testing distro ,

i think for the next 3.1 ,porteus based.

every time in the site say at people "based on slax and lfs project" , now in the presentations..say "porteus based" ..this is not problem for me. :)

at the moment no problems ..my work is easy ..only aspect customization ,,an add a module with wireless tools , .

think about update desktop enviroment , kde4 or trinity 3.5.13 , but the trinity 3.5.13 mandatory no compile. (qt 3.8.8d)

i sincerily agreement porteus team,.