[Solved] Changed icons in Dolphin with root

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
meet
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 4.0

Post#1 by meet » 11 Apr 2020, 03:45

Hello,

I am running Porteus 4 with KDE on a USB.

I was working in Dolphin file manager and I accidentally pressed some keys that I don't know. But that changed the icons on the Dolphin file manager with root to some weird black outline ones. While the icons in Dolphin (without root) are still the same. The icons everywhere else in the OS are also the same. Only the icons in Dolphin with root have changed.

Can someone help me fix this?

Things I have tried so far:
1. Changing the theme. Doesn't work on dolphin root.
2. Changing the icon style from settings. Doesn't change the dolphin root.

meet
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 4.0

Post#2 by meet » 12 Apr 2020, 16:32

Hey guys. This is solved now.

The issue was that the icons appeared in an outline form instead of a colored filled icon form. I am not able to explain it properly, but image a square for a folder - one with color filled in, and one transparent with only colored border.

So the issue was that I had accidentally reduced the size of the icons, which had changed their color from solid to a outlined form. When I increased the size of the icon, it changed back to the original form.

However, still the icon for dolphin (normal) is a solid blue folder icon, while the dolphin (root access) is only a red outlined folder icon in the application launcher. I do not know what that is, as both the sizes are the same in the application launcher but still the issue.

But at least the icons in the dolphin file manager now shows correct.