[Solved] Issues faced when using Porteus on RAM

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
meet
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 4.0

[Solved] Issues faced when using Porteus on RAM

Post#1 by meet » 31 Mar 2020, 17:44

Hello guys!

I successfully could run the Porteus OS on RAM using my live-USB stick from the boot menu. (I just selected the option and it worked.)

However, I couldn't ignore following issues with the OS running on RAM.

1. The changes (save controller) didn't copy or load on the RAM version. It started as a fresh version. What went wrong here? Did I miss something?

2. The battery icon in the task bar at the bottom didn't show the battery indicator. Upon hover, it said that no battery found. When my laptop was definitely working on battery as how else will it work. How to fix this?

3. Various fonts didn't load while browsing. While they worked perfectly normal when booted from the live-USB. What to do in this?

Please bear with me, I am not a techie. :P
Thanks.

Solution:
You have to add the changes cheatcode after APPEND under the RAM Mode too in the porteus.cfg file.
Last edited by meet on 09 Apr 2020, 09:44, edited 1 time in total.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Issues faced when using Porteus on RAM

Post#2 by Ed_P » 31 Mar 2020, 19:57

So, you clicked on an option in the boot menu? If so then you need to tweak the /boot/syslinux/porteus.cfg file. If you look at it you will see the top Graphical mode menu includes the APPEND changes=/porteus line. If you want the Copy to RAM option to include changes you need to add the changes= cheatcode to the Copy to RAM's APPEND line.

As to the other problems I have no idea. I have no idea what version of Porteus your using or desktop since your User id Distribution only shows a generic Porteus.
Ed