SIM Slot Card

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
yankeyj
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Fedora,Centos,PorteusSlackware

SIM Slot Card

Post#1 by yankeyj » 03 Sep 2016, 01:14

Hi, how do I use the SIM Slot Card on my HP- Elitebook 2530p? I also noticed that the "mobile broadband" tab in the network settings is not active! I thought that would be automatic once I put in a SIM card to the Slot... Porteus KDE envionment...

Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

Re: SIM Slot Card

Post#2 by Jack » 03 Sep 2016, 01:27

yankeyj wrote:Hi, how do I use the SIM Slot Card on my HP- Elitebook 2530p? I also noticed that the "mobile broadband" tab in the network settings is not active! I thought that would be automatic once I put in a SIM card to the Slot... Porteus KDE envionment...
On my Dell inspiron 1525 has a Sim card slot but when you get the Sim card you get another part that has to be put inside the laptop to make it work. Hope this helps.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

yankeyj
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Fedora,Centos,PorteusSlackware

Post#3 by yankeyj » 03 Sep 2016, 10:45

So you're saying the sim card slot is just a "dummy" - I doubt it.. coz in windows it works just by putting a SIM card in the slot and downloading the hp-drivers... I found this link online https://blog.philippklaus.de/2012/05/hp ... ook-2530p/ but it is for Ubuntu plus some of the referal links in the articles are dead-links... - I think it would work once the mobile broadband tab in the network manager is enabled... but I can't seem to figure that out!

Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

Post#4 by Jack » 03 Sep 2016, 12:17

That what I found out about the Dell mind is missing parts. I was told if I sign up for a internet service that use a Sim card I would get what I need.

Maybe your is missing a driver and someone that knows more will have to tell or help you. Sorry I can't help you.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Post#5 by tome » 04 Sep 2016, 09:32

On my Fujitsu Lifebook P702 I have had to remove and connect battery again to enable Mobile Broadband for SIM card if it was disappeared for unknown reason. WWAN must be enabled in BIOS.
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.