Can't find b43 (ready to ive up)

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
msfixitplz
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: porteus/bella/mint/mx/win

Can't find b43 (ready to ive up)

Post#1 by msfixitplz » 27 Jun 2016, 12:20

:cry: :cry: After 15 distros and 3 windows tested on the machine i found porteus..runs better and quicker than it did with its original vista. I have had the broadcom/b43 issue in every distro but never had such a trouble getting it fixed. I have tried everything iv read in here and cant find anything in usm or root with the b43 or original broadcom. I built 3 with prebuild features but none of the features were there so a 4th copy was obtained...think its porteus 3.1.i586. It took alot of fighting to get it to install to hard drive, and now that its there I can't configure wifi or usm or anything to make it usable. It is intended for a 9 year old, that is somewhat fluent in win + droid. Any help anyone can offer will be greatly appreciated, my sanity over the rebuild of the antique could use a boost, and the the machine is begging for reprieve before i sentence it to the scrap yard for insubordinate . Also ave not been able to figure out how to get the few things i did get from ppm to run. I cant seem to find tutorial that has real info with cklear directions, everything ive read is written in developers lingo or not direct so ive gotten nowhere. It's very discouraging. Hope someone can help before i trash the machine. :wall: :cry:

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Re: Can't find b43 (ready to ive up)

Post#2 by Bogomips » 27 Jun 2016, 23:41

Welcome to Porteus.
Broadcom Issues Impinging on your situation?
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Can't find b43 (ready to ive up)

Post#3 by brokenman » 28 Jun 2016, 01:39

Ok, can we please start with which version of Porteus you are using. Please put the Porteus version you are using in your profile so all of your questions have a head start. I recommend trying the rc3 release of Porteus (see announcement section) as it comes with broadcom-sta included in 000-kernel.xzm
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.