Can I install any software???

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
Big Dawg
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: none

Can I install any software???

Post#1 by Big Dawg » 28 Apr 2016, 13:39

I just learned of Porteus and have several questions.
I've used Ceedo Enterprise in the past to be able to install most of the Windows software that I use for business on a USB stick so that I can run my desktop on other computers while I'm away. Unfortunately, Ceedo does not support running itself from a host computer that is running Windows 10.
From what I am reading, it appears that Porteus will allow me to create a portable computer, like Ceedo, so that I can plug in my USB drive and point to Porteus to open in a virtual computer on the host computer. I'm not interested in booting the host computer with Porteus, I just want the ability to temporarily start up a Virtual computer, using Porteus within the Windows OS...I guess similar to Virtual Box...and then leave no trace on the host computer when I shut down Porteus.
But what I'm not clear on is, can I install any software, that runs on Windows, into Porteus so that I can plug in my USB drive and run them in the virtual computer using Porteus or am I limited to the software that is provided by Porteus?
BD

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Re: Can I install any software???

Post#2 by beny » 28 Apr 2016, 17:39

http://www.winpenpack.com/en/index.php try this, with porteus you have to boot from the usb device, with this the host remain windows and you can run the software as you wish.