Thinkpad Trackpoint+Mouse3 support

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
d4foasta
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus v3.1

Thinkpad Trackpoint+Mouse3 support

Post#1 by d4foasta » 27 Jan 2016, 20:32

Hello,

first of all, i'd like to say "thanks for your awesome work". Porteus is incredible and what i was looking for since forever :good: . I know that it's still under heavy development and as such, it naturally still has it's flaws. Still, in pointing to this and that, i hope to be able to fully replace the conservative OSes with a whole new way of using PCs.
That being said - is there a way to configure how Mouse3 works? Specifically, i'd like to be able to use my Thinkpad Trackpoint+Mouse3 to scroll in Browser, Documents etc. Porteus recognizes Mouse3, so it shouldn't be that difficult. I just don't know what to look for and where + if i would find something, what to do with it. Can s/o help please?

PS: Maybe this should be in the NewbieQuestions-Forum, please move it there if you think this belongs there. Though i was hoping for a GUI-Solution, an additional Option in the MouseConfig or such.

Thanks for any reply,
Kind Regards,
d4foasta

aus9

Re: Thinkpad Trackpoint+Mouse3 support

Post#2 by aus9 » 30 Jan 2016, 12:52

I don't use Slackware based but until you get a better reply see if the gui or other info has any relevance?
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_co ... TrackPoint

d4foasta
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus v3.1

Post#3 by d4foasta » 30 Jan 2016, 22:52

thanks for the pointer, i'll give that a try or two.

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#4 by Ed_P » 31 Jan 2016, 06:24

d4foasta wrote:is there a way to configure how Mouse3 works?

Not sure what desktop your using but with mine the mouse settings are in the Porteus menu > Preferences > Razor-QT Settings menu.

The live Porteus versions have most settings and functions accessible via the menu. And if there is something missing it can usually be added using the Porteus USM app. No need to Google the 'net for stuff.

And if the mouse settings you find don't fit your needs there is a cli synclient command that may help.
Ed

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#5 by brokenman » 31 Jan 2016, 16:08

I think your best bet would be to replace the evdev packages with lixinput and use 'xinput' to configure the mouse. It is more advanced than evdev and no doubt has the options you are looking for. evdev is in 002-xorg.xzm

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_co ... TrackPoint
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.