Different NTFS-Driver (paragon ufsd) on boot startup?

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
att
Contributor
Contributor

Different NTFS-Driver (paragon ufsd) on boot startup?

Post#1 by att » 06 Jan 2016, 16:07

Hello,

I just got to know that the company Paragon just released NTFS+HFS for Linux 9.0. It installs like a charm.
However, now I want to use it when booting up and when mounting all NTFS-drives at bootup.
The compiling/install script produces some files, most notably 2 kernel modules and one .so file.
I tried to modify the linuxrc file but my added "modprobe" or "insmod" line didn't work ; there is no "modprobe" or "insmod" at that boot time available.
So can you tell me what to do to insmod these modules and replace the NTFS-stuff in the linuxrc?

att
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Different NTFS-Driver (paragon ufsd) on boot startup?

Post#2 by att » 06 Jan 2016, 23:26

In the meantime, I made a tiny bash script:

Code: Select all

#!/bin/sh                                                                                                                                  
### mount all ntfs drives as ufsd script by ATT, based on snippets of linuxc script by fanthom <http://www.porteus.org>                    

MOPT="noatime,nodiratime,suid,dev,exec,async"                                                                                              
dev=`blkid | grep 'TYPE="ntfs"' | cut -d: -f1 | cut -d/ -f3`                                                                               

modprobe ufsd                                                                                                                              

for x in $dev; do                                                                                                                          
    if [ ! -d /mnt/$x ]; then                                                                                                              
        mkdir /mnt/$x                                                                                                                      
        fi                                                                                                                                 
            echo "mounting /dev/$x to /mnt/$x";                                                                                            
            mount -t ufsd /dev/$x /mnt/$x -o $MOPT 2>/dev/null                                                                             
done  

(Nothing special. But somehow, I want to implement this in the initrd.xz ...................no idea how to do the modprobe there......)