Site certificates

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
lemming
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: nimblex slax dsl4m tiny slitaz

Site certificates

Post#1 by lemming » 24 Sep 2015, 02:47

Today for the first time I notice the certificate is missing for the site, generating the 'forum.porteus.org is not recognized as a trusted site' type message.

Did the admins change something, did someone change this behind your backs and you haven't noticed or is it just my imagination?

I noticed wikipedia did this too about 1-2 months ago. [Not too long after I did my first sandbox test; {consisting of} articles I've noticed don't exist.] Incidentally I noticed a massive drive/fs crash after that as well [actually two, one on June 3 and one on August 6, I believe, not exactly the same issue] very similar to the crashes you'd get about 3-4 weeks into a course on a kaplan corporation web site.

This was right before the 'wikipedia blocks 300 accounts' event. ['Orangemoody' scandal?]

Now I notice another [if ephemeral] issue, and that is apparently you cant give a duckduckgo search url that includes the search term and links to the desired search results. Well, at least I tried. Really, I did.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sour ... arch&gbv=1

I mention the duckduckgo issue at the danger of going off topic in the interests of if people know how to get comparable value out of something they may be more inclined to use it.