Sticky Note Apps

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
anandisrocking007
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: KDE4

Sticky Note Apps

Post#1 by anandisrocking007 » 25 Jun 2015, 06:03

Is there anyway of making or finding an sticky note software like gnotes,xpad,knotes would really appreciate if someone can make that or show me a link

https://www.kde.org/applications/utilities/knotes/

https://www.google.co.in/search?q=tombo ... CAYQ_AUoAQ

http://www.linuxscrew.com/wp-content/up ... sticky.png

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/rhoco ... s/cap1.png

:o

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Re: Sticky Note Apps

Post#2 by Bogomips » 25 Jun 2015, 11:59

Just a thought. Have you gone through all the widgets on offer?
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#3 by francois » 25 Jun 2015, 12:20

Knotes is available as a .deb package from pkgs.org:
http://pkgs.org/debian-wheezy/debian-ma ... 4.deb.html

Insure that this is the appropriate architecture, download and convert with deb2xzm and finally active. Start minor in command line to see what libraries are missing. You can also have a look at the prerequisite libraries mentioned in pkgs.org.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

anandisrocking007
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#4 by anandisrocking007 » 26 Jun 2015, 06:12

francois wrote:Knows is available as a .deb package from pkgs.org:

Insure that this is the appropriate architecture, download and convert with deb2xzm and finally active. Start minor in command line to see what libraries are missing. You can also have a look at the prerequisite libraries mentioned in pkgs.org.
Hi i am new to linux i downloaded the knote package from http://pkgs.org/debian-wheezy/debian-ma ... 6.deb.html since i have an 32-bit system and i can see all the dependencies in the site but i think half or more of it is already present in the kde module so any idea how to findout how to download the dependencies i actually need

I acually did not understand "Start minor in command line to see what libraries are missing" (What is minor and how do i use it)

Please help i really want to learn this

anandisrocking007
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#5 by anandisrocking007 » 26 Jun 2015, 08:20

francois wrote:Knows is available as a .deb package from pkgs.org:

Hi just downloaded knotes and all the dependencies and converted them into xzm packages but when i booted into the porteus it seems to hang after the booting showes that it has loaded all the modules please help and if possible can you build the package.

Below i have made a link to the zip file containing the knote.deb and its dependencies it is 19mb such that you dont have to download all the files one by one please help....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxKzTO ... sp=sharing

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Post#6 by tome » 26 Jun 2015, 15:07

Open terminal as root and execute:

Code: Select all

usm -g xfce4-notes-plugin
Install it with all dependencies and at the end execute something like this (for i486 architecture):

cd /usr/lib && ln -s libxcb-util.so libxcb-util.so.0
For x86_64 probably similar symlink is required.
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#7 by francois » 27 Jun 2015, 00:59

Follow tome's instructions as you have a 32 bit installation. In addition, it seems more straightforward.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

anandisrocking007
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#8 by anandisrocking007 » 27 Jun 2015, 10:08

tome wrote:Open terminal as root and execute:

usm -g xfce4-notes-plugin
Install it with all dependencies and at the end execute something like this (for i486 architecture):

cd /usr/lib && ln -s libxcb-util.so libxcb-util.so.0
For x86_64 probably similar symlink is required.
Hi I did what you asked and a xfce note bundle xzm had appeared I ran it but the only thing new I found in it was an app called glade I am not sure but I think that this only works for the xfce environment and I use the KDE environment

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#9 by beny » 27 Jun 2015, 10:33

hi,sorry but i don't undestand why we need deb packages in slackware environment,please take note of the kde version you have and grab the knotes from this version number, in xfce you can use clipman, btw user can do as he wish....

tome
Contributor
Contributor

Post#10 by tome » 27 Jun 2015, 14:13

I think that this only works for the xfce environment and I use the KDE environment
You are wrong here - it is made for Xfce DE but works in all DE. I use it for example in Openbox and LXDE. I will try upload it later.

anandisrocking007
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#11 by anandisrocking007 » 27 Jun 2015, 14:34

tome wrote:
I think that this only works for the xfce environment and I use the KDE environment
You are wrong here - it is made for Xfce DE but works in all DE. I use it for example in Openbox and LXDE. I will try upload it later.
All right i have compile the xmz bundel maby i do not know from where to activate it according to me it should be in the in the kde add widget place is this right please help if you want i can also upload the bundel such that you can also check.

anandisrocking007
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#12 by anandisrocking007 » 27 Jun 2015, 14:36

beny wrote:hi,sorry but i don't undestand why we need deb packages in slackware environment,please take note of the kde version you have and grab the knotes from this version number, in xfce you can use clipman, btw user can do as he wish....
The reason is that there is no knotes in the slackware reporisitory but there is knotes in the debian repository so the that we can take the .deb file and convert it .xzm for use

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#13 by Bogomips » 27 Jun 2015, 15:59

anandisrocking007 wrote:All right i have compile the xmz bundel maby i do not know from where to activate it according to me it should be in the in the kde add widget place is this right please help if you want i can also upload the bundel such that you can also check.
For testing purposes just activate it wherever you have it. Just point file manager at it, right click with mouse and choose activate.

Once tested, it can go in /porteus/modules if you want it always activated when system comes up. For occasional use it could go in /porteus/optional. Thereafter it could be manually activated, or at system start (Please see website info on optional)
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB

anandisrocking007
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#14 by anandisrocking007 » 27 Jun 2015, 18:01

Bogomips wrote:
anandisrocking007 wrote:All right i have compile the xmz bundel maby i do not know from where to activate it according to me it should be in the in the kde add widget place is this right please help if you want i can also upload the bundel such that you can also check.
For testing purposes just activate it wherever you have it. Just point file manager at it, right click with mouse and choose activate.

Once tested, it can go in /porteus/modules if you want it always activated when system comes up. For occasional use it could go in /porteus/optional. Thereafter it could be manually activated, or at system start (Please see website info on optional)
I know that part I have been using porteus for the last two months what I am trying to tell is this app is a sticky note app which means it looks like a small note stuck on the desktop like the yellow notes stuck on your fridge or walls in knotes you would access these from the widget menu that is you would pull the note from the icon what I am saying is how do you access this note. Since the only new app that has come after installing this module is the glade app and I think it is for developing work

tome
Contributor
Contributor

Post#15 by tome » 28 Jun 2015, 13:54

For i486 arch download xfce4-notes-plugin-1.7.7-i486-bundle-2tm.xzm from https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7elwcgmk5mwtmme/FmFMsdUIO8
When you have set it remove once xfce4-notes icon from tray to be sure your settings are saved.

Another way is to install notes extension for firefox or chrome. For example to start quickfox notes I use this qfn.desktop launcher:

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=firefox -p 'Default Profile' -qfn
# -chrome chrome://qfnotes/content/openEditor.xul
Icon=qfn
Type=Application
Categories=Utility;
Name=QuickFox Notes
I don't know why kde-i486 doesn't contain knotes, kde-x86_86 should have it (but it is hidden somewhere in settings).

EDIT:
xfce4-notes-plugin-1.7.7-i486-bundle-2tm.xzm ~ 0.6MB
After activation re-login or launch notes from Applications Menu.
kde i486 and x86_64 don't have knotes
Changing some xfce4-notes settings may not work.