[Solved] No libqt4-devel in repository?

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
sunnysideofthesun
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: other

[Solved] No libqt4-devel in repository?

Post#1 by sunnysideofthesun » 11 Jun 2015, 01:47

Need qmake from libqt4-devel package.
Searched repository, no such name.
Building script from Forensic Registry EDitor (fred) complains
which: no qmake in (/usr/lib64/lxqt-xdg-tools:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/games:/opt/porteus-scripts:/usr/lib64/qt/bin:/usr/lib64/qt/bin:/usr/lib64/qt/bin)
ERROR: Couldn't find qmake! Consider specifying it with --linux-qmake.
Symbolic link for qmake in my /usr/bin points to nonexistent /usr/lib64/qt/bin/qmake.
Btw, why is listed path /usr/games, this folder does not exist either?

Edit: is libqt4-devel included in "development tools" module which i have omitted in Porteus building wizard?
Last edited by sunnysideofthesun on 11 Jun 2015, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Re: No libqt4-devel in repository?

Post#2 by francois » 11 Jun 2015, 05:57

You are the one who will tell us. Please install development.xzm and use updatedb and locate command to localize the missing package. Or use of (midnight commander) to the and end. :)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

sunnysideofthesun
Black ninja
Black ninja

Re: No libqt4-devel in repository?

Post#3 by sunnysideofthesun » 11 Jun 2015, 13:11

francois wrote:You are the one who will tell us.
Yo listen up here's a story about a little guy that lives in a blue world
Ok, so I have downloaded module 05-devel.xzm and put it where it should be.
Whoever looks after website, please consider adding address dl.porteus.org to downloads menu at main page.
Then I booted Porteus and... Rainbows! Ponies!! Native support for DirectX!!! And, of course, qmake and all other stuff, but who wants qmake after getting native DirectX support. So I discarded 3 of 4 and kept DirectX.

But before it happened, I tested work of autogen.sh script which was supposed to build fred.
First, I had to remove from there option -qt=qt4 to which qmake said "me no comprendo such french".
Second, I had to replace profile name "release" with "all" for make, because there was no such profile in makefile as "release"and "all" looked the most appropriate for compiling everything.
Third was message that it can't find hivex.h to include, and search for files confirmed that there's no such libraries in my porteus install. That's where my patience wore off.

Good thing about devel.xzm is that I can now delete it from modules directory and free few mb. Then next time I need qmake I can come back to forum and ask the same question. Because what the rake is for if not to step on it again and again?

francois
Contributor
Contributor

Re: [Solved] No libqt4-devel in repository?

Post#4 by francois » 11 Jun 2015, 14:14

I would have known, it would have been a pleasure to tell you the answer. As the developpers are quite occupied we try to spare their time. 8)

As a general rule we are happy to give information, and we give a lot on this forum. In addition, we use to give it nicely most of the time. :)

However, we appreciate people that give back, specially when they have good Linux knowledge as you seem to have.

I would not be surprised that one of our dev will come by to answer your question. If you still have one :wink:

sunnysideofthesun
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#5 by sunnysideofthesun » 13 Jun 2015, 03:16

Little update to story.
Since Debian package was available too (https://www.pinguin.lu/pkgserver), deb2xzm tool did the trick very simply, so now I have fred as .xzm module and it works (opens registry hives, did not tried writing yet).

francois
Contributor
Contributor

Post#6 by francois » 13 Jun 2015, 05:54

I would say that you had provided us with the best answer. I hope you will enjoy porteus. :)

What type of material art do you practice?