Porteus

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
Chem_Nemo
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus 3.1

Porteus

Post#1 by Chem_Nemo » 16 Apr 2015, 17:50

Hey guys,

First time post here, I recently installed Porteus on an old Laptop that a friend gave me a while back. I have to say this is probably one of the slickest linux distros I've played around with. However, it seems that I have arrived at a loss. This is my first interaction with Slackware, so after some online tutorials I understand more. So I can get my way around that, sort of. But my real question revolves around the Porteus Modules. I found the link elsewhere on the forums with Modules for Chrome and OpenOffice and a few other things. I downloaded them and they worked after I clicked on them twice. However I have to do that every time I restart the computer. After some more research I know that if I put them into the Module File or something of the sort then they will be automatically loaded. This might sound like a silly question but, where can I find that file? I can't seem to find it in the file manager.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Oh also I'm running Porteus 3.1.

Thanks

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Re: Porteus

Post#2 by donald » 16 Apr 2015, 20:22

Hi
It is a modules Folder.
You can find this folder on the device on which you have porteus installed.
e.g.
I have porteus on an usb-flash,and the modules folder is in
/mnt/sdb1/porteus/

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Re: Porteus

Post#3 by Bogomips » 16 Apr 2015, 20:45

To make things crystal clear, in donald's example the folder being referred to is: /mnt/sdb1/porteus/modules :)
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB