Screen goes blank after 15 minutes

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
bean
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus

Screen goes blank after 15 minutes

Post#1 by bean » 27 Aug 2014, 19:19

How do i prevent that the screen wont go blank after 15 minutes? Lately this has come to frustrate me, well not much because Porteus is at my second computer and i would like that the screen is on at least 1 hour so i would not have to move mouse at every 15 minutes especially if i listen new music. (So i could see track listing).
I found this from Google: http://www.cyberciti.biz/tips/linux-dis ... blank.html
Where is this ~/.xinitrc file? How do you kill x windows system. And, is that link relevant to my problem or does it concern terminal?
I've also tried to change settings at power management without any result.
I also tried these instructions: http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=103&t=2066
I did disable DPMS and screen did not go blank but after 1 hour my computer shut down itself or started to hibernate.
I'm using Porteus 2.1 x64 Xfce

jmhoward56
Black ninja
Black ninja

Re: Screen goes blank after 15 minutes

Post#2 by jmhoward56 » 11 Sep 2014, 20:53

One thing you might also check is that many LCD monitors have their own built in power save features which may be activating. On my monitor there is a menu button you press which pops a menu up on screen with various features you can change such as horizontal or vertical position, color balance, etc... Power save is also a feature which I turned off. I do not think that DPMS adjusts this feature of the monitor.

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#3 by francois » 12 Sep 2014, 13:32

It has to be tied to power management. I am trying it right now and will report. I work with the kde environment. Which is yours?

kde > Settings > kde system settings > power management and unselect suspend session.
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#4 by fanthom » 12 Sep 2014, 20:42

must be some setting in the XFCE power management. unfortunately i'm not familiar with this DE at all so cant tell you which option to tweak. please search system menu.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.