USM does not find any packages

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
marko
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: porteus v3.0

Re: USM does not find any packages

Post#16 by marko » 14 Apr 2014, 07:51

I tried both ways. Just now I did all as you instructed, downloaded for example keyutils, thunar, libreoffice ... converted into xzm, copied into /porteus/modules, double clicked, apps loaded, I get the message that the app is activated and congratulations, but when I want to execute them - nothing happens. Keyutil icon does not even appear in he list.
Then I even deleted all modules in /porteus/modules to install them all again, but I noticed that Thunderbird still works! It is so confusing and I apologize that I am confusing you as well.
I have no explanations what happened, maybe you are right, maybe I overlooked some important functionality of modules. What happened with Thunderbird, the only explanation is that the module somehow copied itself to other direction.
If this will help, I work through File manager and open file in the root, as this way I am allowed to copy and delete file only.
I don't know, I wanted to help with the development of the Porteus, but is seems that I have not enough knowledge to be of a real help. I am sorry.

freestyler
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus XFCE

Post#17 by freestyler » 14 Apr 2014, 08:32

Sometimes the icons wont appear on the menu you reset your computer.
edit Sometimes the icons wont appear on the menu until you reset your computer.
https://www.porteus-apps.org

freestyler
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus XFCE

Post#18 by freestyler » 14 Apr 2014, 08:41

I just had a read of the earlier posts, Thunderbird is probably still there because you installed the slackware txz package.
Try run one of those installed programs from terminal, that way you can see what the problem is and if your missing any dependencies.
https://www.porteus-apps.org

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#19 by francois » 14 Apr 2014, 17:48

@marko:
Please follow freestyler proposition almost eyes closed. Ask some questions if in doubt. You will learn a lot about linux. When I get some time, I will try to build the modules you mentioned and test them. And if it pleases you make them available on some download site. :twisted:
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.