create 'porteus kiosk' automated install

Here you can post about the issues related to modifications performed manually (not through the kiosk wizard). Example: swapped kernel, added 3rd party modules or files.
Please describe in detail what has been changed and hopefully other kiosk user will be able to help.
Porteus team wont resolve bugs posted in this category as we support only modifications made by the kiosk wizard.
Forum rules
Porteus Kiosk section of the forum is unmaintained now. Its kept in a 'read only' mode for archival purposes.
Please use the kiosk contact page for directing your queries: https://porteus-kiosk.org/contact.html
redblack
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: ubuntu

Post#1 by redblack » 06 Feb 2023, 20:46

Hi,

Is there any documentation out there on how to create an automated installer for 'porteus kiosk'? I have some experience doing that with Ubuntu server (opening up the original ISO and providing answers to the guided installer). I'm wondering if there is something similar. The goal is to be able to create an installer that can just be inserted into a machine and automatically start installing without manual intervention.

Any guidance is appreciated!

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#2 by Ed_P » 07 Feb 2023, 01:32

None that I am aware of that does an automatic install.
Ed