stay logged into webbrowser

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
sage
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Porteus 0pen3ox

Post#1 by sage » 22 Nov 2022, 20:20

Hi, so ive been playing around with 64bit Porteus 5 and an 0pen3ox desktop for a little bit now and have been slowly figuring things out. tho i cant seem to figure out a way to save google passwords and other acount password stuff, my main issue is having chrome auto have me logged in when i turn on my system. im running this on a windows machine and i know that it doesnt support saving the same way as it would if i was running it on a linux filesystem

put shortly i want it to keep my google signed in after restart. how do i do that on a windows machine?

idealy id also like to get it to save passwords for skype, discord, and github cli but thats all secondary atm-

if someone here could help me here thatd be a huge support! thank you! :D

Ed_P
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Cinnamon 5.01 ISO

Post#2 by Ed_P » 22 Nov 2022, 21:58

sage wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 20:20
im running this on a windows machine
:%) How exactly are you doing this? Are you booting Porteus or Windows?
Ed

gnintilgyes
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Debian

Post#3 by gnintilgyes » 22 Nov 2022, 22:55

sage wrote:
22 Nov 2022, 20:20
im running this on a windows machine and i know that it doesnt support saving the same way as it would if i was running it on a linux filesystem

put shortly i want it to keep my google signed in after restart. how do i do that on a windows machine?

idealy id also like to get it to save passwords for skype, discord, and github cli but thats all secondary atm-

if someone here could help me here thatd be a huge support! thank you!
Welcome to the forums.

Are running Porteus through a virtual box? For "your Google" you have to decide to use your web browser in Windows or in a Linux distro.

I don't recommend web browsers "saving" passwords or anything else BTW.