[Solved]Problem with self-created module

Post here if you are a new Porteus member and you're looking for some help.
nickh
Black ninja
Black ninja

[Solved]Problem with self-created module

Post#1 by nickh » 13 Feb 2012, 20:05

I have successfully created an Ekiga module which runs with Porteus 1.0 and 1.1. The problem is in Porteus 1.0 it kill kvpnc. If I try to start kvpnc (from the command line) in 1.0 I get a message

Code: Select all

Error while loading shared library libgt-mt.so.3 cannot open shared file: no such file or directory
If I remove the Ekiga module then kvpnc starts. In 1.1 both happily run together.

When creating the module I used pkgs.org and always chose Slackware 13.37 packages. Have you any idea what I need to do to get Ekiga and kvpnc running together in 1.0? Do I need to use another version of the Slackware packages?
Last edited by nickh on 14 Feb 2012, 21:18, edited 1 time in total.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Re: Problem with self-created module

Post#2 by Hamza » 13 Feb 2012, 20:07

Did you correctly chosen between 32-bit Arch and 64-bit Arch ?
NjVFQzY2Rg==

nickh
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#3 by nickh » 13 Feb 2012, 20:12

Initially no, but I corrected that. My 1.0 and 1.1 are both 32-bit and it is fine with 1.1.

[edit]
The modules I used can be seen with the link in the first post.
[/edit]

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#4 by brokenman » 13 Feb 2012, 21:38

Looks like one of the many gnome dependencies was built without multi threading support (-mt). Please try this:

qtmt=$(find /usr/ -type f -name libqt-mt.so*)
ln -s $qtmt /usr/lib/libgt-mt.so.3
ln -sf /usr/lib/qt /usr/lib/gt
This is pointing the gt directive to the qt multithread library. It may just work. Let me know.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

nickh
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#5 by nickh » 14 Feb 2012, 13:36

@brokenman
What you suggested did not work but you gave me an idea:

qtmt=$(find /usr/ -type f -name libqt-mt.so*)
ln -s $qtmt /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3
This worked, pointing /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 to /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8.

I wonder why Porteus 1.0 needs it and 1.1 does not? I may look when I get the time.

Thanks,
Nick

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: [Solved]Problem with self-created module

Post#6 by brokenman » 15 Feb 2012, 02:25

This worked, pointing /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 to /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8.
When qt3 is compiled with threading enabled the file is placed at /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8. and a symlink is created at /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3. This means to say that the /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 symlink should already have been there. This is default in Porteus 32bit.

Did you perhaps make a typo in your first post when you refered to Error while loading shared library libgt-mt.so.3 ?

If this was NOT a typo, then you would still be getting this error, because you did nothing about the gnome-mt file being missing. Unless of course you did implement my solution of linking the gnome-mt file to the qt-mt file.

I wonder why Porteus 1.0 needs it and 1.1 does not? I may look when I get the time.
Nothing changed in the qt package between 1.0 and 1.1. It will change in 1.2 though with a tqtinterface for qt. Qt is no longer maintained by nokia and so is slowly slipping into oblivion ... luckily the Trinity team are creating a TqT interface to compensate for any updates.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

nickh
Black ninja
Black ninja

Re: [Solved]Problem with self-created module

Post#7 by nickh » 15 Feb 2012, 09:59

You're right about the typo. The file not found is libqt-mt.so.3.

There is a symlink for it in /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/ pointing to /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8. It is in my 1.0 installation with and without ekiga installed. There is no path to the library but kvpnc works fine without ekiga installed. Once you install ekiga, kvpnc throws the error message in 1.0 and creating the symlink in /usr/lib fixes it. :o

Comparing 1.0 and 1.1, 1.1 has a symlink from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 to /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/libqt-mt.so.3. and both have a symlink from /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 to /usr/lib/qt-3.3.8b/lib/libqt-mt.so.3.3.8. It looks like the symlink from /usr/lib/libqt-mt.so.3 is missing in 1.0.