LXQt 0.11.1 x64

Here is a place for your projects which are not officially supported by the Porteus Team. For example: your own kernel patched with extra features; desktops not included in the standard ISO like Gnome; base modules that are different than the standard ISO, etc...
Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯

Re: LXQt 0.11.1 x64

Post#16 by Blaze » 24 Jun 2017, 16:27

But Porteus specific context menu are .desktop files inside /usr/share/applications, so you may want to edit them manually and translate to Russian.
Probably, we are not understand each other. Start menu of LXQT translated on 100%
Location bar of pcmanfm-qt and his buttons in dialog windows not translated only.
Every single LXQt package was compiled by me and inserted in those modules I gave you on my post above. So you won't make any progress by compiling lxqt-l10n.
For example

Code: Select all

#Your localization
root@porteus:~# ls -l /home/guest/Загрузки/lxqt-locales/usr/share/pavucontrol-qt/translations
итого 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 guest users 8693 июн 21 15:23 pavucontrol-qt_ru.qm

#My localization
root@porteus:~# ls -l /home/guest/Загрузки/lxqt-l10n-ru-x86_64/usr/share/pavucontrol-qt/translations
итого 12
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 10075 май 29 16:30 pavucontrol-qt_ru.qm
root@porteus:~#         
8693 vs 10075 bytes. Translation in my pavucontrol-qt ru.qm is more correctly then in yours.

I think that I need to compile current https://github.com/lxde/lxqt-l10n I tried it, but I have failed
Note. git-2.9.0-x86_64-1.xzm is required for building lxqt-l10n from the git repo.

root@porteus:/home/guest/Загрузки# cd /tmp
root@porteus:/tmp# git clone https://github.com/lxde/lxqt-l10n.git
Клонирование в «lxqt-l10n»…
remote: Counting objects: 18029, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (18/18), done.
remote: Total 18029 (delta 6), reused 4 (delta 2), pack-reused 18009
Получение объектов: 100% (18029/18029), 5.53 MiB | 1.05 MiB/s, готово.
Определение изменений: 100% (13039/13039), готово.
Проверка соединения… готово.
root@porteus:/tmp# cd /tmp/lxqt-l10n
root@porteus:/tmp/lxqt-l10n# cmake /tmp/lxqt-l10n
-- The C compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
-- The CXX compiler identification is GNU 5.4.0
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/cc -- works
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info
-- Detecting C compiler ABI info - done
-- Detecting C compile features
-- Detecting C compile features - done
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++
-- Check for working CXX compiler: /usr/bin/c++ -- works
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info                                                                                                                                                            
-- Detecting CXX compiler ABI info - done                                                                                                                                                     
-- Detecting CXX compile features                                                                                                                                                             
-- Detecting CXX compile features - done                                                                                                                                                      
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:7 (find_package):                                                                                                                                               
  By not providing "FindQt5LinguistTools.cmake" in CMAKE_MODULE_PATH this                                                                                                                     
  project has asked CMake to find a package configuration file provided by                                                                                                                    
  "Qt5LinguistTools", but CMake did not find one.                                                                                                                                             

Could not find a package configuration file provided by "Qt5LinguistTools"                                                                                                                  
  with any of the following names:

Qt5LinguistToolsConfig.cmake
    qt5linguisttools-config.cmake

Add the installation prefix of "Qt5LinguistTools" to CMAKE_PREFIX_PATH or
  set "Qt5LinguistTools_DIR" to a directory containing one of the above
  files.  If "Qt5LinguistTools" provides a separate development package or
  SDK, be sure it has been installed.

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
See also "/tmp/lxqt-l10n/CMakeFiles/CMakeOutput.log".
root@porteus:/tmp/lxqt-l10n#    
Probably, it can will be done under Porteus 3.2.2 ;) Don't forget to activate 05-devel.xzm :)
Blaze wrote:2) Please, disable option with 'Show hidden files and folders'
Why? I don't like the idea of having files that I can't see. This hiding philosophy seems a Microsoft approach, don't you think? :)
For example, I automaticly mount local windows partition via samba and for it I created hidden file

echo -e username=Windows_user_name\\npassword=Windows_user_password > /root/.smblocal1
chmod 400 /root/.smblocal1
and I don't want that this file will be visible for others.

I think that the key combination Ctrl+H invented for this not in vain.
Since this LXQt module is based on OpenBox, it could be that we're missing openBox location files.
Updated. Tested and don't give effect.
Linux 6.6.11-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Jan 14 12:07:37 MSK 2024 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600] [1002:73ff] (rev c7) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

Post#17 by fulalas » 25 Jun 2017, 06:51

Blaze wrote:Probably, we are not understand each other. Start menu of LXQT translated on 100%
Location bar of pcmanfm-qt and his buttons in dialog windows not translated only.
Yep, we're not understanding each other, hahaha! You shown me a screenshot of a context menu that was still in English, and I told you that to fix that you need to open /usr/share/applications and look for Porteus .desktop files, because they're responsible for Porteus specific context menu, like the ones in your screenshot.
Blaze wrote:8693 vs 10075 bytes. Translation in my pavucontrol-qt ru.qm is more correctly then in yours.
I'm not sure if bigger means more correct. But anyway I don't know why my compilation generated something wrong, since I used LXQt scripts to build it, and I haven't seen no error at all. :unknown:

Building LXQt is kind of tricky. You need to get a long list of dependencies (including Qt framework). And it seem all LXQt modules depend on lxqt-build-tools, so you need to build it first. There's an almost easy way by using this procedure, which builds everything at once:

git clone https://github.com/lxde/lxqt.git
cd lxqt
git submodule init
git submodule update --remote --rebase
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/lxqt-build-tools
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/qt5xdg
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/qt5xdgiconloader
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/lxqt
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/lxqt-globalkeys
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/lxqt-globalkeys-ui
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/sysstat-qt5
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/fm-qt
PATH=$PATH:/tmp/lxqt/usr/share/cmake/qtermwidget5
LXQT_PREFIX=/usr CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=release LIB_SUFFIX=64 ./build_all_cmake_projects.sh
Unfortunately this won't work out of the box because it'll compile and install everything inside /usr/lib64, but this is not what we really want, since we're currently running LXQt, so it makes no sense overwriting it on-the-fly. To fix that you need to edit /lxqt/build_all_cmake_projects.sh and search for "$CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM" install (there are 2 matches) and place this after install keyword:

DESTDIR=/tmp/lxqt
By doing that we're installing everything inside /tmp/lxqt, which is nice because in the end we can simply right click on /tmp/lxqt folder and create a Porteus xzm module ready to use (of course you can do some cleaning before).
Blaze wrote:For example, I automaticly mount local windows partition via samba and for it I created hidden file

echo -e username=Windows_user_name\\npassword=Windows_user_password > /root/.smblocal1
chmod 400 /root/.smblocal1
and I don't want that this file will be visible for others.
I see. Well, you can change pcmanfm-qt settings for not showing hidden files, right? :)

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#18 by Blaze » 25 Jun 2017, 08:47

fulalas wrote:I see. Well, you can change pcmanfm-qt settings for not showing hidden files, right? :)
Right, but after close pcmanfm-qt this option 'Show hidden' is automatically activated and I must manually disable this option again and again...
Linux 6.6.11-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Jan 14 12:07:37 MSK 2024 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600] [1002:73ff] (rev c7) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

tome
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: x64 Openbox

Post#19 by tome » 25 Jun 2017, 15:16

@fulalas
Do you know why?
unfortunately no. Similar problem but with Caja is described here: http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php? ... bel#p29584

@Blaze
run "pcmanfm-qt --show-pref Behavior" and uncheck second box.
You have mind and feelings. Be wise and clever.

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#20 by Blaze » 25 Jun 2017, 19:51

fulalas, I have done Russian localization and some tweaks for right click menu >>> pcmanfm-qt-actions.xzm
Can you add it in the your next version of LXQT? Thanks.

I added mount .iso image ability.

If I manually type this command in terminal

/usr/libexec/gvfsd-archive file="here-is-a-patch-to-ISO-file.iso"
all works fine - I see mounted iso file at the left sidebar of pcmanfm-qt

Via right click > Open with > Mount .iso image >>> selected iso file does not mounted at the left sidebar of pcmanfm-qt. Does anybody know why?

/usr/share/applications/mount-iso.desktop

[Desktop Entry]
Exec=/usr/libexec/gvfsd-archive file="%F"
MimeType=application/x-iso9660-image
Name=Mount .iso image
Name[ru]=Смонтировать .iso образ
NoDisplay=true
Icon=media-optical
Type=Application
tome,
uncheck second box
seems solved this trouble, but I lost a trash ability :)

fulalas,
how about to add kbindicator widget of keyboard layout to the right corner?

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#21 by fulalas » 29 Jun 2017, 05:52

New version uploaded.

This is a big update! Now it's a custom build of LXQt made by me from scratch using the new Qt 5.9.0.

Fixes:
- Cursor wasn't set back to normal arrow after resizing a window;
- Pcmanfm-qt was crashing sometimes;
- Pcmanfm-qt was seeing some old files that don't exist anymore;
- Pcmanfm-qt was allowing mouse side buttons to drag files/folders;
- Pcmanfm-qt wasn't auto-refreshing files size;
- Pcmanfm-qt search (F3) now comes with the following check boxes checked by default: case insensitive, sub directories, hidden files;
- Lximage-qt was crashing when changing images quickly;
- Lximage-qt now has a lot of new shortcuts: esc -> close; h -> flip horizontally; v -> flip vertically; r -> rotate clockwise; l -> rotate counter clockwise; espace -> next image; backspace -> previous image; ctrl + t -> show thumbnail;
- Added/fixed some context menu entries: mount ISO image; install/uninstall Slackware package (thanks, Blaze!);
- Added a link to an optional locale module which translates LXQt GUI elements to the current machine language (thanks, Blaze!);
- Some folders were set to wrong ownership;

Regressions:
-Qmmp global hotkeys are not working together with Qt 5.9.0 -- already reported;

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#22 by fulalas » 29 Jun 2017, 22:58

Blaze wrote:Via right click > Open with > Mount .iso image >>> selected iso file does not mounted at the left sidebar of pcmanfm-qt. Does anybody know why?
You put %F between double quotes, but pcmanfm-qt already put it internally. That's why it wasn't working. I fixed for the new release :)

Thanks, Blaze!

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#23 by fulalas » 02 Jul 2017, 02:36

New version uploaded.

Fixes:
- It was not possible to drag n' drop from Engrampa to any folder, except Desktop;
- Engrampa was not able to open .deb files;
- Qmmp global shortcuts were not working;

Updates:
- Engrampa 1.18.2
- Qmmp to 1.1.9 (build from Svn);

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#24 by Blaze » 03 Jul 2017, 17:09

Hi fulalas.
Do you know how to disable function when monitor turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity?
For example I watch movies and after ~15 minutes I see a black screen on my monitor.
Thanks.

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#25 by fulalas » 04 Jul 2017, 02:35

Blaze wrote:Hi fulalas.
Do you know how to disable function when monitor turns off after 15 minutes of inactivity?
For example I watch movies and after ~15 minutes I see a black screen on my monitor.
Thanks.
Hmmm...! Very odd! Which player are using? SMPlayer disables this kind of thing when playing.

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#26 by Blaze » 04 Jul 2017, 15:05

fulalas, I use Mozilla FireFox with Adobe Flash Player (web movie).

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#27 by fulalas » 04 Jul 2017, 23:43

Blaze wrote:fulalas, I use Mozilla FireFox with Adobe Flash Player (web movie).
This is really weird. I've never seen anything like that before. Anyway, I don't think LXQt has anything related to that besides Configuration Center -> Powe Management -> Idle. But by default it's doing nothing, I guess. :unknown:

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#28 by fulalas » 05 Jul 2017, 00:12

New version uploaded.

Fixes:
- Ssh access through file manager (pcmanfm-qt) wasn't not working until user logins through terminal;

Updates:
- Qt files 5.9.1 (thanks, jssouza!);

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#29 by Blaze » 05 Jul 2017, 17:15

fulalas wrote:Configuration Center -> Powe Management -> Idle
I tested and this advice does not work :) I remember LXDE and I don't solved this issue too.

donald
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: Porteus 3.2.2 XFCE 32bit

Post#30 by donald » 05 Jul 2017, 18:53

@ Blaze

This works for me in xfce with eg. youtube videos in browser

guest@porteus:~$ xset -dpms s off
check the current settings with