LXQt 0.11 for Porteus 3.2 x64

Here is a place for your projects which are not officially supported by the Porteus Team. For example: your own kernel patched with extra features; desktops not included in the standard ISO like Gnome; base modules that are different than the standard ISO, etc...
fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus

Re: LXQt 0.11 for Porteus 3.2 x64

Post#46 by fulalas » 10 Dec 2016, 03:53

Really weird. Can you, please, repeat the step by step to reproduce this bug?

Also, look what I've found:

'Avoid Qt 5.4.0 if possible: We encountered several weird regression bugs of Qt 5.4 while debugging LXQt. It breaks drag and drop crossing different programs. With Qt 5.4, you cannot drag a file from my file manager to other programs, but it’s not my fault. (The bug will be fixed in Qt 5.4.1, which is not yet released.)'
source: https://blog.lxde.org/2015/02/04/lxqt-performance-tips/

It seems that this wasn't fixed even on Qt 5.7... :(

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#47 by fulalas » 14 Dec 2016, 02:19

I've just uploaded a brand new build including some useful and light apps (described on the first post).

The problem with file association seems to be LXQt specific. I tried to play with mimeapps.list, but I haven't much success. Talking with people from LXQt I've got some information, but I don't know how to proceed:
That whole thing needs to be revamped in LXQt anyway. Discussing single GUI details like focus under certain circumstances is hence rather pointless right now.
mimecache.info is basically only some database summarizing which applications can handle which MIME Types only. It happens to be used as fallback to select / prioritize applications but that's not its job. Thus automatically setting a particular order of applications per MIME Type isn't implemented.
File defaults.list is deprecated and superseded by mimeapps.list.
The relevant source to prioritize applications is file mimeapps.list which exists at various locations according to the Freedesktop MIME Applications Associations. As LXQt does not provide a GUI yet you may either edit the file manually or us a CLI tool like gvfs-mime of the GNOME Virtual File System (GVFS).

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Post#48 by ncmprhnsbl » 14 Dec 2016, 09:40

i've rebuilt your module with permissions fixes and file associations working(afaics)
pm'd you a link to see if it works for you...
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#49 by fulalas » 14 Dec 2016, 22:33

ncmprhnsbl wrote:i've rebuilt your module with permissions fixes and file associations working(afaics)
pm'd you a link to see if it works for you...
Thanks a lot for your effort, but unfortunately the problems remain :(

-Some file/protocols associations don't work, like for example .m3u (double click doesn't open Qmmp) and magnet links (inside Opera it opens a new tab, instead of Transmission);
-Can't drag 'n drop files from Engrampa to any folder except Desktop (not a big deal and this is probably a LXQt limitation at this moment);

Also, I noticed that your module occupies less disk space than mine (43mb vs 47mb), although it seems to have basically the same files, so you probably did a more aggressive compression (7z?). Do you think that the saved space worths the higher time to decompress it?

PS.: I've finally found out why ALT+SHIT+TAB wasn't working: there was another key shortcut (ALT+SHIFT) assigned (to change keyboard layout). :)
EDITED: of course it's not that simple... I can't save this setting for the next boot, although I can change it in the current session through 'LXQt Configuration Center' -> 'Keyboard and Mouse' -> 'Keyboard Layout' -> 'Keys to change layout:' :wall:
RE-EDITED: man... the problem was the cheatcode 'kmap=br'. Can you believe how weird is this? :Search:

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#50 by ncmprhnsbl » 15 Dec 2016, 00:31

fulalas wrote: -Some file/protocols associations don't work, like for example .m3u (double click doesn't open Qmmp)
okay, i think maybe you need to edit qmmp.desktop line MimeType= and add an entry for m3u audio/x-mpegurl shit, its already there :crazy:
then update-desktop-database will then pick that up and put it in mimeinfo.cache..(it read all the .desktop files to make its list of file assocs)
so spacefm(in void) sees m3u as x-mpegurl... how does it do this? why doesnt pcmanfm-qt?

fulalas wrote:magnet links (inside Opera it opens a new tab, instead of Transmission);
i would think this is an Opera internal file associaton >> some setting somewhere? magnet links in a filemanager open with transmisson?

Alt-shift-TAB... yeah probly have the same issue with my openbox module..need to reassign that keybind...

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#51 by ncmprhnsbl » 15 Dec 2016, 01:33

fulalas wrote:Also, I noticed that your module occupies less disk space than mine (43mb vs 47mb), although it seems to have basically the same files, so you probably did a more aggressive compression (7z?). Do you think that the saved space worths the higher time to decompress it?
yeah i noticed this too.... i seems this is the difference between terminal dirxzm and filemanger Build Porteus Module (both mksquashfs)..
different blocksize or something... :unknown:
time difference seems minimal... my understanding is xz is slower to compress generally than say gz but way faster to decompress

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#52 by ncmprhnsbl » 15 Dec 2016, 01:38

regarding pcmanfm-qt root settings: seems to be ignoring /root/.config/pcmanfm-qt/default/setting.conf and using /etc/xdg/pcmanfm-qt/lxqt/setting.conf
maybe try editing that file directly..

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#53 by fulalas » 15 Dec 2016, 02:28

ncmprhnsbl wrote:so spacefm(in void) sees m3u as x-mpegurl... how does it do this? why doesnt pcmanfm-qt?
I have no clue! :(
But if you right click on a m3u file you can see that 'Open with...' shows Qmmp (together with SMPlayer and Leafpad), and if you select Qmmp it indeed opens the m3u file. So the problem seems to be with default application. How to change that is the one million question.
ncmprhnsbl wrote:i would think this is an Opera internal file association >> some setting somewhere? magnet links in a filemanager open with transmisson?
It's weird because XFCE uses the same Opera and magnet links work beautifully. If I run xdg-open maget: it opens a new tab on Opera if it's already opened, or it just launches Opera if it's closed. Man, how can simple things turn out to be the most complicated ones? :D
ncmprhnsbl wrote:Alt-shift-TAB... yeah probly have the same issue with my openbox module..need to reassign that keybind...
Hmmm... Maybe. It's something to be tested. :)
ncmprhnsbl wrote:i seems this is the difference between terminal dirxzm and filemanger Build Porteus Module (both mksquashfs)..
different blocksize or something... :unknown:
time difference seems minimal... my understanding is xz is slower to compress generally than say gz but way faster to decompress
I see. It makes sense. But maybe brokenman could change this in order to make it coherent. :good:
ncmprhnsbl wrote:regarding pcmanfm-qt root settings: seems to be ignoring /root/.config/pcmanfm-qt/default/setting.conf and using /etc/xdg/pcmanfm-qt/lxqt/setting.conf
maybe try editing that file directly..
It's a good theory, but I think it doesn't apply. At least I've changed this file and then opened a pcmanfm-qt as root and... the same fuc**** 'Icon view' and hidden files not visible. :wall:

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#54 by fulalas » 15 Dec 2016, 03:08

Useful links regarding this xdg/mime chaos of hell:
https://forum.manjaro.org/t/xdg-open-wo ... ium/2313/4
(something in the way xdg detects current DE/GUI)

https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=78354
(something wrong with the current xdg)

I'm trying to update xdg to the current git version. Let's see if this solves the problem...
EDITED: xdg-open current git version gives me this error if try to open a magnet link:

Code: Select all

/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 217: syntax error near unexpected token `}'
/usr/bin/xdg-open: line 217: `}'
...because they call detectDE which doesn't exist anymore. Great programming... :D

This is not for me. It's too much complexity for something that should be really simple. :cry:

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#55 by ncmprhnsbl » 15 Dec 2016, 10:58

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#56 by fulalas » 25 Dec 2016, 21:01

New version with updated libfm-qt/pcmanfm-qt:

Code: Select all

* Fix enabled state of path arrows on starting (#58)
  * bump patch version (#56)
  * Use QByteArray::constData() where we can (#57)
  * Updates lxqt-build-tools required version
  * Bump ABI so version numbers preparing for a new release.
  * Fix Pathbar Paint on Menu Pop-Up
  * Code cleanup and refactor for Fm::PathBar.
  * Added another condition
  * Added a missing condition (typo)
  * Scroll Pathbar with Mouse Wheel
  * Reduct flickering of the path bar when creating path buttons.
  * Code simplification by removing unnecessary signal/slot usage.
  * Path Button Middle Click
  * Enable auto-repeat for pathbar scroll buttons.
  * Make the path bar buttons aware of style changes.
  * Use widget style instead of app style
  * Align Path Buttons
  * Move FindXCB.cmake to lxqt-build-tools
  * Adds superbuild/intree support
  * Removes not needed dependency check
  * Set CMP0024 policy usage to NEW
  * Updates target_include_directories() stuff
  * Drops GLib library detection
  * Use the new FindMenuCache CMake module
  * Use the new FindFm CMake module
  * Check for FolderModelItem info (and FmPath)
  * Add Fm::PathBar::editingFinished() signal.
  * Select the current path when editing the path bar.
  * Enable path editing and popup menu for the button-style path bar.
  * Properly set styles of path buttons.
  * Remove unnecessary debug messages.
  * Try to implement the Fm::PathBar which shows a filesystem path as buttons.
  * Adds Build PROJECT_NAME with Qt version message
  * Move LIBFM_DATA_DIR to pcmanfm repo.
  * Refactors CUSTOM_ACTIONS compile definition
  * Refactors LIBFM_DATA_DIR compile definition
  * Drop add_definitions. Use target_compile_definitions.
  * Removes duplicated symbols visibility settings
  * README.md: Add build dependency lxqt-build-tools
  * Use the new lxqt-build-tools package
  * Restore symlink emblem
  * Remove empty files
  * Try to refactor the emblemed icon support in a more generalized way. Reuse FolderItemDelegate to paint the emblemed icons in Fm::PlacesView to prevent code duplication. APIs changes:  * Add Fm::IconTheme::emblems() and cache emblem info in the cache.  * Add Fm::FolderItemDelegate::setFileInfoRole() and Fm::FolderItemDelegate::setFmIconRole()  * Cache multiple emblems rather than getting the first one only (but only paint the first one now).  * Remove icon sizes from Fm::PlacesModel and Fm::PlacesModelItems to maintain MVC design pattern and backward incompatibility.  * Expose two role IDs in Fm::PlacesModel: FileInfoRole and FmIconRole so the views can access these data.
  * Show File Emblems
  * Emblem For (Encrypted) Volume Icons
  * Remove cpack (#44)
  * Also Consider GEmblemedIcon (#41)
Now it seems that 'open folder' option inside Transmission finally opens file explorer (i.e. pcmanfm-qt) :good:

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#57 by fulalas » 19 Apr 2017, 10:32

New module uploaded.

Changes:

-FIXED Inputs don't respond when using Xorg version since 1.19.0;
-FIXED Porteus Modules doesn't open (thanks, ncmprhnsbl!);
-FIXED Gtk programs throw a warning because of a missing lib;
-Replaced Gtk Transmission with Qt Transmission;
-Removed themes/icons besides the basic Frost/Adwaita;
-Removed useless Qt libs;
-Module is now squeezed from 44 mb to ridiculous 33 mb! :D

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#58 by fulalas » 21 Apr 2017, 04:32

New version uploaded.

Changes:
- PCManFM-Qt updated to 0.11.3
- Engrampa updated to 1.18.1
- Libgphoto2 updated to 2.5.11

Current size is less than 33mb. :good:

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯

Post#59 by Blaze » 21 Apr 2017, 16:52

fulalas, can you post some screenshots of LXQt 0.11 for Porteus 3.2 x64 ??? Thx.
Linux 6.6.11-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Jan 14 12:07:37 MSK 2024 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600] [1002:73ff] (rev c7) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

fulalas
DEV Team
DEV Team

Post#60 by fulalas » 22 Apr 2017, 06:56