Porteus v3.2.2 - Steam-Edition - PSE1.1 - "Mandelbrot"

Here is a place for your projects which are not officially supported by the Porteus Team. For example: your own kernel patched with extra features; desktops not included in the standard ISO like Gnome; base modules that are different than the standard ISO, etc...
iVAN
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Windows / Linux / Porteus

Porteus v3.2.2 - Steam-Edition - PSE1.1 - "Mandelbrot"

Post#1 by iVAN » 10 Oct 2016, 15:03

Porteus v3.2.2 - Steam Edition - PSEv1.1

# The little Changelog
# Porteus Steam-Edition V1.1
# Codename: "Mandelbrot"

V1.1
- Java7 made it to PSE
- New Name, new Game, XAOS in Action and Design
- some System-works!
- tested 50 more Games

ftp://porteus2017.hopto.org
user: porteus
password: porteus

### Install Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScPLQeWqev4&t=59s

### In Action Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHkCWHvdoko&t=209s

You wonder why Porteus Steam-Edition exists?

- PSE was meant to be an alternate to SteamOS ...
- PSE is more a concept how different and modular a Linux System can be ...
- PSE is a bit merchandising for Porteus and Steam, the big "Yogurt" would had said.
- PSE can be your PSE, but PSE can also be a hint to make your own PSE with certainly another name like TCX(Total Chaotic Xantippe) or DgAM (Damm good Alpha Machine)....

yours iVAN

addendum 07-07-2017

# The little Changelog
# Porteus Steam-Edition V1.12

# Codename: "Mandelbrot"

V1.12
- found an outdated libgcrypt11 in the libs-bunch
- added a new Steam-Session to disable prefer System-Libs
- this affects some Games as Evoland, Chaos Engine and Strike Suit Zero
so far I can see....How the Steam own Runtime and Linux Systems exactly
work together is a bit hard to discover. The behaviour depends not only on the Steam-Client
and the System, it could be also the Game that loads or needs something in a different way...!
So you have 3 Components that can cause a....... but what to tell everybody knows..... :-)
- As by yet, I think, leaving the SLACKWARE LIBRARY_PATHes the way they are and starting
Steam with STEAM_RUNTIME_PREFER_HOST_LIBRARIES=0 looks like a good alternate combination....
Slackware is not the fastest Distribution in releasing a new official Version, so this Start Option could
be a good choice....

addendum 2 07-07-2017

- As you see I count as I had learnt it ... So Version 1.12 comes after 1.1 and 1.2 comes after 1.12 so Version 1.9 is not before Version 1.10 .. all clear !! :%)

addendum 3 18-07-2017

- New FTP-Address

ftp://pse.servebeer.com

user: porteus
password: porteus

..missed monthly renewal of the dyndns .. so the old address is gone .... ! :shock:
Last edited by iVAN on 18 Jul 2017, 11:50, edited 39 times in total.
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall:

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Porteus - Steam Edition

Post#2 by iVAN » 10 Oct 2016, 17:32

Okay some more Infos about what I made by far...
Mainly I included the SteamOS files as the SteamOS-Session, The Steam Composition Manager and the Steam-Controller Xpad Drivers with rules...
Also I tried to get as many Libaries for the Games 64Bit and 32Bit like Fmod par example...But Its nearly impossible to try all Games, so this is an continues adding...a missing library is not a Problem... :oops:
I included Playonlinux with their dependencies almost ready for Pulse cause I think we cannot get it right without this Pulseaudio especially when using Steam-native-linux Client there will be Problems if you only use pure alsa or even oss....

-not working is the Desktop-Switching because of the missing Lightdm-login-Manager in Slackware...I was not able to get it running from Source with its Pam Dependencies....
For Compiling the Nvidia Driver I used this topic from Blaze...
I am not familiar with the russian language, but It is understandable by Pictures and Method.. 8)

http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php? ... hed#p46206

For some reasons the only two Versions I got working were the 340 patched for Kernel4+ and the 370_28, all other between failed, there are some Symlink problems left, but I tested them many hours in Gaming, they are working flawlessly....

...the System has the 3.1 sgn File, simply cause I start there...when there will be a Final Porteus 3.2, I would mean the time is right to make some more efforts..cause I would like to see it as it comes in basics, so not to change something in the Base-System only to build some modules on top or to inject some patches...

..Non Proprietary Graphics-Driver Support nouveau and radeon should okay since Version 0.84...
Last edited by iVAN on 03 Nov 2016, 07:28, edited 1 time in total.
..making a Porteus Module is difficult. No! It`s Easy! Difficult! No, Eaasy! Difficult! Eaaasyyy! Diffiiiiiicult! Easy! DIFFICULT!!!!! EEEEAAASSSSYYYYY! :O: DIIIFFIIIICUUUULT! :O: ........................ :wall: :wall: :wall:

francois
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: xfce plank porteus nemesis
Location: Le printemps, le printemps, le printemps... ... l'hiver s'essoufle.

Post#3 by francois » 10 Oct 2016, 19:42

Welcome on porteus vicktor.

Your steam edition of porteus is a great introduction. 8)
Prendre son temps, profiter de celui qui passe.

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Post#4 by iVAN » 10 Oct 2016, 19:50

francois wrote:Welcome on porteus vicktor.

Your steam edition of porteus is a great introduction. 8)
thanks for early laurels...
On Planet SteamOS is something wrong, I mean that, so I left it, but not to leave Linux nor Linux Gaming.... =@ :Yahoo!: :wall:

francois
Contributor
Contributor

Post#5 by francois » 11 Oct 2016, 21:07

What could be wrong? Maybe you could be moved to the porteus derivative section. What do you think about that? :)

Blaze would be best to judge as he is the one who found you on the net. :wink:

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Post#6 by iVAN » 12 Oct 2016, 09:10

francois wrote:What could be wrong? Maybe you could be moved to the porteus derivative section. What do you think about that? :)

Blaze would be best to judge as he is the one who found you on the net. :wink:
Not sure exactly, this one is build up from Porteus 3.1 ---> to the latest 3.2rc5 .. So it was a bit a "rally course" to the actual Stand. I do not want to change things in the Base Modules. When there will be the final 3.2 Porteus, I look forward to build it up again from that. What I absolut need is the 32Bit Multilib Packages, so it would be good if there comes a official Porteus Module for that.Otherwise I think about to simply include the whole "Alien Bob" Multilib release. So I mean if I leave the Porteus 3.2 as it is, Porteus-Steam Edition is not really a Derivate, or? :twisted: But otherwise why not?

francois
Contributor
Contributor

Post#7 by francois » 19 Oct 2016, 01:25

As discussed previously your topic has been moved into porteus derivatives. Congratulations! :Yahoo!:

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Post#8 by ncmprhnsbl » 31 Oct 2016, 08:47

this thread still needs to be moved into its own subforum.. AFAICS we mere moderators lack the necessary powers to do so :cry:
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

francois
Contributor
Contributor

Post#9 by francois » 03 Dec 2016, 15:04

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Post#10 by iVAN » 03 Dec 2016, 18:32

Thats hot searching, but the Derivate is Dead as -Russian SuperHero Dead Ivan- ..

I decided to make it only module based, compatible with Porteus 3.2 Final copying into ...

http://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=6420

By the Way, Did you know that the name IVAN comes from the Greek oldform of Johannes, and IVAN is not only the well known russian and east european name of Johannes, the name is also quite popular in Spain, Italy and Brasil......but funny thing here in Germany is that IVAN is right written with double U as IWAN... In England IVAN is John 8)
In the west-slavic IVAN means JAN that is also a well known German name: The Conclusion is IVAN=IWAN=IVANO=JOHN=JAN=JOHANNES; interresting :wall:
The Nickname was given to me in my early and short Tennis Career, comes from -Ivan Lendl- .. :D

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯

Post#11 by Blaze » 03 Dec 2016, 20:10

iVAN wrote:IVAN is not only the well known russian
IVAN it's Иван (Ваня) in Russian :)
Linux 6.6.11-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Jan 14 12:07:37 MSK 2024 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600] [1002:73ff] (rev c7) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

iVAN
Contributor
Contributor

Post#12 by iVAN » 04 Dec 2016, 14:43

Blaze wrote:
iVAN wrote:IVAN is not only the well known russian
IVAN it's Иван (Ваня) in Russian :)
Hmmm and in phonetics it is also pronounced [IhVAHN]?
Very interresting name, that is mostly the reason why I never changed it.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Ivan

http://www.pronouncenames.com/pronounce/Ivan

In the USA I would be EYE-vun or better EYE-wan...The Americans; always good for a joke! :D
Very strange is also that 80's "cold war" IVAN or IWAN, synomym for the UDSSR, is in the United States not so rare and unestablished as most people think..! :twisted:

But who cares, they nearly carry him with as the "Amerivan Way of Life...!" as Microsoft with their new VC-1 Bluray Codec hits the World like a Rocket from Jupiter... :Yahoo!:

Blaze
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: ⟰ Porteus current ☯ all DEs ☯

Post#13 by Blaze » 04 Dec 2016, 15:04

iVAN wrote:Hmmm and in phonetics it is also pronounced [IhVAHN]?
No. Browse to here
and press on volume icon - press here иван-чай {м.р.} (также: кипрей узколистный)
It will say to you - Ivan-tea (tea exclude).
Linux 6.6.11-porteus #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Sun Jan 14 12:07:37 MSK 2024 x86_64 Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E3-1270 v6 @ 3.80GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
MS-7A12 » [AMD/ATI] Navi 23 [Radeon RX 6600] [1002:73ff] (rev c7) » Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 K2 3200MHz C16

francois
Contributor
Contributor

Post#14 by francois » 04 Dec 2016, 19:00

And as john in french is Jean, Jean is Ivan. :wink:

Bogomips
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge
Distribution: 3.2.2 Cinnamon & KDE5

Post#15 by Bogomips » 04 Dec 2016, 20:00

Had look at Lendl. Seems pretty long in the tooth, but your pic is different. :roll:
Linux porteus 4.4.0-porteus #3 SMP PREEMPT Sat Jan 23 07:01:55 UTC 2016 i686 AMD Sempron(tm) 140 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux
NVIDIA Corporation C61 [GeForce 6150SE nForce 430] (rev a2) MemTotal: 901760 kB MemFree: 66752 kB