lxpolkit - EDITED

Here is a place for your projects which are not officially supported by the Porteus Team. For example: your own kernel patched with extra features; desktops not included in the standard ISO like Gnome; base modules that are different than the standard ISO, etc...
mocabilly
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Mint-Porteus

lxpolkit - EDITED

Post#1 by mocabilly » 01 Sep 2013, 22:01

Hi all

A little update:

- After RTFM I did understand that I don't need vncserver but I need x0vncserver (or x11vnc) for my purposes
- When running x0vncserver, lxpolkit does not complain..
By using x0vncserver I don't need to use the xstartup file..
- I made a little mistake, "lxpolkit.desktop" is not in ".xdg/autostart/" it's in "/etc/xdg/autostart/"
- As for the question about ssh forwarding an already existing x-session, I guess It's nearly impossible...

To be complete about lxpolkit - as far as I used Porteus, everything kept working as a charm..
So if you need vncserver, I don't think that removing lxpolkit.desktop will cause a lot of trouble..

I'm writing a script to (amongst other things) start the (tiger) vncserver in Porteus (LXDE version).
Tigervnc config = vanilla porteus with only a password set - command in the script = "vncserver :1 -depth 16"

Starting the vncserver works fine, but when I log in (using krdc), I get this error message:
"GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.PolicyKit1.Error.Failed: An authentication agent already exists for the given subject"

This error message doesn't occur when I disable lxpolkit (removing lxpolkit.desktop in .xdg/autostart/)

Questions:
1) Does anyone know the consequences of disabling lxpolkit?

2) When I log in, I'm not in the current running session, but a new session is started.
I Need to be logged into the current running session, how do I fix this?
Do I need to alter the xstartup script in .vnc? - If this is the case, what should I change?

3) Is it possible to use ssh X-forwarding in such a way that one "taps in" the current GUI session, that is, like vnc is supposed to work?

Thnx

Mocabilly
There are only 10 kind of people in this world, those who can read binary and those who can't.