Waydroid for Porteus?

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Waydroid for Porteus?

Post#1 by Rava » 17 Jan 2022, 22:36

From https://github.com/WayDroid
Waydroid uses a container-based approach to boot a full Android system on a regular GNU/Linux system like Ubuntu.
Anyone managed to get a working Waydroid module for 5.0rc3 x86-64Poreteus running?

More info
https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/Waydroid
https://computingforgeeks.com/run-andro ... -waydroid/
:)
Cheers!
Yours Rava

babam
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus 5.0rc3 Xfce K6.1.1

Waydroid for Porteus?

Post#2 by babam » 19 Jan 2022, 11:06

It looks complicated and only runs on wayland.
Sorry, my English is bad.

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Waydroid for Porteus?

Post#3 by beny » 19 Jan 2022, 15:27

waydroid need a new configure of the kernel android is missing on porteus and Aporteus configure
systemd well we have Aporteus for this task ,no nemesis
and wayland
waydroid is an aur package so also in Aporteus isn't possible to build it, the container run under lxc and have the lineageos as host too,well i think maybe i am wrong,slackware and porteus can't run it.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Waydroid for Porteus?

Post#4 by Rava » 19 Jan 2022, 15:38

babam wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 11:06
It looks complicated and only runs on wayland.
Thanks for the heads up. I was wondering if the "Way" in Waydroid is connected with Wayland, and seems it is, what a bummer. :(
beny wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 15:27
waydroid need a new configure of the kernel android is missing on porteus and Aporteus configure
systemd well we have Aporteus for this task ,no nemesis
and wayland
waydroid is an aur package so also in Aporteus isn't possible to build it, the container run under lxc and have the lineageos as host too,well i think maybe i am wrong,slackware and porteus can't run it.
Seems the easiest way it to look for the most minimal live system that has the needed kernel, supports aur packages and has systemd is the easiest approach.
And then maybe run that Linux in a virtual machine, just to run Android, kind of a virtual-machine² situation. :crazy:
Cheers!
Yours Rava

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Waydroid for Porteus?

Post#5 by beny » 19 Jan 2022, 16:38

hi Rava, the container of waydroid is near 2giga and i can confirm that use lineageos to host the apk to try and run ,well i have an arch on sd that i use for on the fly use and for wayland i have installed also gdm,for now i have the software running in loop way no gui at all, is like to have a phone without a sim.well i try again later....no way you can't use the software like an user but with root account the software fail the lineageos with browser open crash and start a loop ok..... removed, maybe my full arch system isn't enough for this software.

Rava
Contributor
Contributor

Waydroid for Porteus?

Post#6 by Rava » 20 Jan 2022, 08:32

beny wrote:
19 Jan 2022, 16:38
maybe my full arch system isn't enough for this software.
That's … one greedy software. :crazy: Thanks for testing it, though.

Are there no reports or forum posts somewhere of users trying to get Waydroid running, especially them telling us what base system they used and most probably what changes or additional software added to the base system was needed to get Waydroid running successfully?
Cheers!
Yours Rava