is there Qbittorrent

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
henrykfrp
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus LXDE, Devuan

is there Qbittorrent

Post#1 by henrykfrp » 08 Oct 2021, 20:30

Hi guys is there qbittorent module ? or any video on how to make the module myself or is there a download page to get diferent module ?

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

is there Qbittorrent

Post#2 by Rava » 11 Oct 2021, 12:42

Do you want it for Port 4.0 or 5.0rc3?

According to wikipedia QBittorrent
It uses Boost, Qt 5 toolkit, and the libtorrent-rasterbar library (for the torrent back-end)
It depends on what flavour of Porteus you use.
Some like XFCE lack Qt 5, never heard of Boost or libtorrent-rasterbar library

At least QT 5 is a huge dependency, but it can be added as extra separate module only for those who need it.

Currently I do not have the time to make the module(s) for you.

Use https://pkgs.org/ for searching, then choose the appropriate Slackware files (e.g. Slackware current when you want it for 5.0rc3.)

Ask

Code: Select all

cat /etc/slackware-version
what Slackware version your Porteus is using.

E.g. mine reports

Slackware 15.0
Currently, that is also slackware-current.

You can also use https://slakfinder.org/index.php?act=se ... e=#results (Cave, that link sets the repo to 64current)

Create the Qbittorrent, Boost, Qt 5 toolkit, and the libtorrent-rasterbar library as module and activate all.

If Qbittorrent is not starting:
Then look where qbittorrent is located and use this

ldd /path/to/binary|grep not
to look for missing libraries. Set /path/to/ to the actual path and the binary name to what the binary is named.
If missing dependencies are listed, create the needed modules, activate them and try

ldd /path/to/binary|grep not
again.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

henrykfrp
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus LXDE, Devuan

is there Qbittorrent

Post#3 by henrykfrp » 14 Oct 2021, 18:53

yes ,i use Mate and XFCE flavor of porteus 5rc3 i did try that on the pkgs.org and made the qbittorrent but i didnt made the qt5 libraries so i will check that and let you know.

Thank you for you replay! :D

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

is there Qbittorrent

Post#4 by Rava » 14 Oct 2021, 19:42

You need at least the qt5 libraries.

The "ldd /path/to/executable |grep not" trick shows you all missing dependencies.

But… it does not show a dependency for a dependency that is not solved yet, so you can run into multiple instances when dependencies then created as module and activated as module need own list of dependencies.

You can also look into what the slackbuild URL of the package you try to get running tells you is needed as dependency, and first create modules of all the ones named there, and after activating all these only then try to use the "ldd /path/to/executable |grep not" trick.
But when doing so make sure you not try to create a module of something that already exists in the system.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

ricardosimoes
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Manjaro XFCE

is there Qbittorrent

Post#5 by ricardosimoes » 29 Apr 2022, 02:17

I made qBittorrent v4.4.2 module, get it here qBittorrent v4.4.2 for Porteus 5.0rc3 (all DEs)