perl-tk compatible with perl [Solved]

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
rych
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteus 4.0 64 LXDE

perl-tk compatible with perl [Solved]

Post#1 by rych » 05 Jun 2018, 08:21

I'm having a problem finding a compatible perl-tk for Porteus 4.0. I use TexLive GUI manager which required a "Perl/Tk module". In the past, getting the perl-tk from USM and activating the perl-tk-804.033-x86_64-2_slonly.xzm worked. Not anymore:

Code: Select all

# tlmgr -gui
Event.c: loadable library and perl binaries are mismatched (got handshake key 0xdb00080, needed 0xde00080)
I've tried downloading and converting some .rpms for the next version of perl-tk, .034, but couldn't get it to work: after an apparently successful "handshake" other errors are printed anyway. Seems like matching perl-tk with the current perl is a task too difficult for me, please help.
Last edited by rych on 08 Jun 2018, 07:20, edited 1 time in total.

jssouza
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: Porteus x86 arm

perl-tk compatible with perl of Porteus 4.0

Post#2 by jssouza » 05 Jun 2018, 19:04

rych, I am traveling so will not be able to create an xzm. Since nobody has replied, try this:
1. Activate 05-devel.xzm module
2. Update usm using usm -u all
3. After that, exit that terminal and in a new terminal run usm sbo -b perl-tk
I guess you know this nuance, the terminal needs to be exited before another usm command can be run
4. If usm builds a package, use installpkg to install /tmp/perl-tk-*.tgz. (I dont know the exact name, but it must be a slackware tgz package in /tmp)
You can also try to convert this tgz package to xzm using txz2xzm

rych
Samurai
Samurai
Distribution: Porteus 4.0 64 LXDE

perl-tk compatible with perl of Porteus 4.0

Post#3 by rych » 06 Jun 2018, 07:51

@jssouza, thank you, I've just followed your procedure and it worked! I guess this is how we build from source - good to know for future. I'll use the module by itself tomorrow and if it still works, this is solved!