[Solved...] Isomaster alternative?

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
n0ctilucient
Shogun
Shogun
Distribution: fullmoonremix

[Solved...] Isomaster alternative?

Post#1 by n0ctilucient » 16 Mar 2018, 14:05

Flisomaker is an ultra lightweight FLTK based Isomaster alternative
(w/o slow bloated unsecure Gtk/Qt dependency)...

Site is @... https://sourceforge.net/projects/flisom ... =directory
Source is @... https://sourceforge.net/projects/flisom ... =directory

This package has not been adopted yet by ("slackonly" or)...
https://slakfinder.org
https://slackbuilds.org
https://pkgs.org

So far... I have not been able to successfully compile
this package with the following src2pkg conf...
see... Src2pkg.conf w/ "hardened" EXTRA_FLAGS

Thanx... in advance to anyone that is interested in sharing their precompiled package link.
Last edited by n0ctilucient on 17 Mar 2018, 00:49, edited 1 time in total.
:hmmm: I do NOT have the "right" to tell anyone what they should do...
but I reserve the "right" to tell them what they should "consider".

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v4.0-kde-64 bits

Isomaster alternative?

Post#2 by wread » 16 Mar 2018, 23:06

Please, David, test this module I built!

Regards
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

n0ctilucient
Shogun
Shogun

Isomaster alternative?

Post#3 by n0ctilucient » 16 Mar 2018, 23:10

Thanks... :good:

I hope I do not impose... but did you use my "hardened" configuration?
@... Src2pkg.conf w/ "hardened" EXTRA_FLAGS (Post by n0ctilucient #63324)

If so... how did you do it?
Last edited by n0ctilucient on 16 Mar 2018, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard

Isomaster alternative?

Post#4 by wread » 16 Mar 2018, 23:35

The makefile has errors, but it built the library bk.a ok. The flisomaker could I compile but failed to link. then I compiled and linked it manually using the flags of the makefile. With the binary built, it was then easy to make the Porteus package. Elemental B)
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).

n0ctilucient
Shogun
Shogun

Isomaster alternative?

Post#5 by n0ctilucient » 16 Mar 2018, 23:50

Ahhh... you did it by hand. I understand now.

I have joined forces w/ Gilbert (src2pkg) to try to achieve a Musl libc compatible converter. A work in progress.
I can compile by hand also. Unfortunately... I am lazy and lack the skill set to bake in "hardening" by hand. :wall:

I'm curious... have you tried Prelink ?
source is @... https://people.redhat.com/jakub/prelink/
package is @... http://slakfinder.org/index.php?act=sea ... e=#results
Last edited by n0ctilucient on 17 Mar 2018, 00:40, edited 1 time in total.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard

Isomaster alternative?

Post#6 by wread » 17 Mar 2018, 00:00

What is prelink?

n0ctilucient
Shogun
Shogun

Isomaster alternative?

Post#7 by n0ctilucient » 17 Mar 2018, 00:29

It's good for performance...
Wikipedia...

While dynamic linking has advantages in code size and management, there are drawbacks as well. Every time a program is run, the loader needs to resolve (find) the relevant libraries.[why?] Since libraries move around in memory[why?], there is a performance penalty[why?] for resolution. This penalty increases for each additional library needing resolution.[why?]

Prelinking reduces this penalty by resolving libraries this linking in advance. Afterward, resolution only occurs if the libraries have changed since being prelinked, such as following perhaps an upgrade.

Manpage...

prelink is a program that modifies ELF shared libraries and ELF dynamically linked binaries in such a way that the time needed for the dynamic linker to perform relocations at startup significantly decreases. Due to fewer relocations, the run-time memory consumption decreases as well (especially the number of unshareable pages). The prelinking information is only used at startup time if none of the dependent libraries have changed since prelinking; otherwise programs are relocated normally.
It's also good for "hardening"...
Wikipedia...

prelink randomization

prelink will (when run with the "-R" option) randomly select the address base that libraries are loaded at. This makes it more difficult to perform a return-to-libc attack on the system, because the addresses used are unique to that system. The reason prelink does this is because kernel facilities supplying address space layout randomization (ASLR) for libraries cannot be used in conjunction with prelink without defeating the purpose of prelink and forcing the dynamic linker to perform relocations at program load time.

As stated, prelink and per-process library address randomization cannot be used in conjunction. In order to avoid completely removing this security enhancement, prelink supplies its own randomization; however, this does not help a general information leak caused by prelink. Attackers with the ability to read certain arbitrary files on the target system can discover where libraries are loaded in privileged daemons; often libc is enough as it is the most common library used in return-to-libc attacks.

By reading a shared library file such as libc, an attacker with local access can discover the load address of libc in every other application on the system. Since most programs link to libc, the libc library file always has to be readable; any attacker with local access may gather information about the address space of higher privileged processes. Local access may commonly be gained by shell accounts or Web server accounts that allow the use of CGI scripts, which may read and output any file on the system.[citation needed] Directory traversal vulnerabilities can be used by attackers without accounts if CGI script vulnerabilities are available.
It also contains... "execstack" for added security.

Because it leaks... it's best used w/ GMM.