Quicken in Linux?

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
Lucas
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 3.1

Quicken in Linux?

Post#1 by Lucas » 06 Apr 2017, 20:41

Hello guys,

This time I wanted to solve one of my main concerns or reasons why I still need a copy of windows in my pc (today a virtual machine in my Porteus :D ), my Quicken. I'm using Quicken 2016 (the Rental Property Manager version) and I wanted to run it on Linux. In the Wine site you can see that it only supports previous versions, I myself tried to install it, many times, 2 years ago, with no success. I did see that there was a "CrossOver Office" program but did not try it. Does anyone knows how I can install Quicken in Linux? Are there any "as good as" Linux option? (I rather continue with Quicken, but always good evaluate other softwares).

Thanks and best regards,

ncmprhnsbl
DEV Team
DEV Team
Distribution: v5.0-64bit

Re: Quicken in Linux?

Post#2 by ncmprhnsbl » 06 Apr 2017, 22:36

Lucas wrote: Are there any "as good as" Linux option?
maybe gnucash?
Forum Rules : https://forum.porteus.org/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=44

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Post#3 by wread » 07 Apr 2017, 00:54

Try KMyMoney...
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

Lucas
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 3.1

Post#4 by Lucas » 07 Apr 2017, 20:21

A quick search with google pointed me to those 2 as the best options. I'm a little concerned because I use Quicken for 10 years and I have lots of data into the program. I was hopping that I could import all the data (or as much as possible) into the other program. The problem of these kind of changes are that your data loss you just see after some time using the new program, by that time you are already with some work done in the new program and with some data lost... I say I would love to continue with Quicken (even though that doesn't make sense to have a virtual machine just because of Quicken), but will try both suggestions (hopefully they are as good as Quicken)...

Thanks,