Jit's (Just In Time) Runtimes

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Re: Jit's (Just In Time) Runtimes

Post#1 by wread » 01 Jun 2016, 11:14

Jit's need no compilation; similar to the old basic. You write a program in qml -you will need qt5- and run it without any compilation, the machine does it just in time, that's all 8)

Correction: Already written applications can be "ported" to JIT. For this task there is a JIT compiler in Qt....and they run faster!
Last edited by wread on 14 Jun 2016, 03:32, edited 1 time in total.
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

fullmoonremix

Post#2 by fullmoonremix » 02 Jun 2016, 04:01

Salutations... :good:

I was referring to compiling Jit binaries (eg. pypy) that were not in the
Slackware repo @ pkgs.org or slakfinder.org at the time of the original post.

Since that time our friends @ SlackOnly have stepped in and created a package.

"Best Regards"... :beer:

Posted by 73.112.19.18 via http://webwarper.net
This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard

Post#3 by wread » 02 Jun 2016, 13:16

@blue4meridian
For JIT you don't need compilation skills but programming skills...
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).

fullmoonremix

Post#4 by fullmoonremix » 02 Jun 2016, 19:38

I'm not referring to using PyPy for that application.
Jit's can also be used as dependency dropin-ins.

I stopped coding in C 20 yrs ago when I was @ university (originally I was coding in Basic 15 yrs before that).
If I ever start coding again it will likely be in FASM or Lisp.
However... that is unlikely because I HATE coding (not because I can't I'm just a lazy guy... I like to work smart NOT hard :wall: ) which is why I stopped.

Again... last year when this was posted PyPy was NOT in the repo.
Also since last years flame war I've been compiling packages myself.

In addition... since last years war I've been prefacing the following to keep my request threads from going off topic...

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

IMHO... :oops: this could be a nice addition to the Porteus pantheon of modules... :wink:
(unfortunately... the native compiled version has not yet been posted to http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/slakfinder.org)

Disclaimer: This is a module request ... https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/request :unknown:
A formal message requesting something.
So... if any intended response to this thread is "do it yourself"... keep in mind this is NOT a request for a tutorial. :no:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

"Best Regards"... :beer:

Posted by 73.112.19.18 via http://webwarper.net
This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service
Last edited by fullmoonremix on 14 Jun 2016, 14:39, edited 2 times in total.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard

Post#5 by wread » 14 Jun 2016, 03:41

@all
Months ago I posted this in relationship to JIT. Maybe this will help understand how it works...

You will need LLVM to make the runtimes from original source. Just recompile it with the appropriate tools.

Regards!

fullmoonremix

Post#6 by fullmoonremix » 14 Jun 2016, 09:04

Llvm has been a major concern for me for over the last year and a half.
I have been in contact by email w/ our friends @ SlackOnly regarding this.

@ this point they have not been prepared to provide a Slackware package for DragonEgg. The advantage
of a DragonEgg/GCC backend in a toolchain is you get all the benefits of Llvm w/o the overhead of Clang.

My attempts @ compiling have been crude to date. :wall: However... I will take a shot @ DragonEgg after I put the finishing touches on
my "HardKnox" derivative (actually it's more or less finished... with that said I will still need brokenman's help w/ hardening the kernel).

"Best Regards".... :beer: