Skype 4.3

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
sci_fi
Black ninja
Black ninja

Re: Skype 4.3

Post#31 by sci_fi » 26 Nov 2014, 22:56

@ blue4meridian

Apologies for the slow response. Just saw your post. I am traveling for the Thanksgiving holiday and will not return home until Dec. 8. I will gladly post as soon as I return to my system at home.

Best regards,

sci_fi

sci_fi
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#32 by sci_fi » 09 Dec 2014, 14:36

I have posted the modules.
The link is: https://www.mediafire.com/?4r902qzy2dvo8kk

I tested the modules on a base 3.1 rc 2 system (32 bit) and found I had to add some libQT libraries required by skype. They were already present in my normal system so were not included in my standard skype xzm. I created a special xzm for these libraries in case you need them. It is included in the shared file but is easily removed if desired.

I hope this works well for you.

Best regards,

sci_fi

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#33 by fanthom » 09 Dec 2014, 15:41

@sci_fi
i dont understand this - i have tested skype in all possible desktops and it worked well.
under which desktop/arch it did not work?

could you post differences (which files you have added) with skype module we have on the server?

thanks
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

sci_fi
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#34 by sci_fi » 09 Dec 2014, 16:40

@fanthom

Sorry if this is causing confusion. As far as I know, the skype modules you have developed work fine.
The history is as follows:

Before you developed your skype 4.3 package, I hacked up one on my own.
I posted my results (in this thread).
There was a bit of discussion in the thread but not much interest in what I had done.
Then your module came out and the problem was officially solved as far as I know.
A week or so ago, blue4meridian requested that I make the modules I had developed available.
I did so this morning and posted the link.

Hope this helps clarify what happened.

Best regards,

sci_fi