dpkg_sq4_x64.lzm

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
Issack
White ninja
White ninja

Re: dpkg_sq4_x64.lzm

Post#16 by Issack » 17 Jan 2011, 19:06

Posting because I had the same problem (using the deb2lzm cli utility produced an error, telling me dpkg was not found and does not exist, using the Dolphin utility produced no package)

I solved that by getting the dpkg slackbuild, building a slackware package, and converting that to LZM. This is primarily how I've been getting most of my packages.

Here's the slackbuild link:

http://slackbuilds.org/repository/13.1/ ... ment/dpkg/

ponce
Contributor
Contributor

Post#17 by ponce » 17 Jan 2011, 19:48

:crazy: :oops:

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team
Distribution: Porteus Kiosk

Post#18 by fanthom » 17 Jan 2011, 19:52

Issack wrote:using the Dolphin utility produced no package
please provide a link to this package, otherwise i wont be able to check it/fix it.
Please add [Solved] to your thread title if the solution was found.

nucleus
White ninja
White ninja

Post#19 by nucleus » 17 Jan 2011, 19:56

Thanks Isaack. How did you build the slackware-module? On the page are only 2 tar.gz-files.
When I post a thread then actually because:
-I wanna discuss WHY I do this or that
-I like linux so much and everything with open source
-I want it as complicate as possible
-I wanna recompile my kernel
-I adore other peoples computer-knowledge

Issack
White ninja
White ninja

Post#20 by Issack » 17 Jan 2011, 20:15

fanthom: The package that first didn't convert properly was the rtorrent package located on the debian lenny repository. It's this one to be exact:
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/rtorrent

There are too many missing dependencies to make installing it file by file to be worth the effort, however. I eventually gave up.

I didn't have the problem furthermore because I had dpkg installed past that point. Before that I had the same problem with the weechat lenny module.
http://packages.debian.org/lenny/weechat-curses

nucleus: First, download the source file, then download the slackbuild (it's the first link under the large bold "download slackbuild" header)

Extract the slackbuild file to it's own folder. Go into that folder, move the source file you downloaded into the same folder. Switch user, run the extracted slackbuild with ./dpkg.Slackbuild (I don't remember the exact slackbuild name, this is just an example).

Wait for a minute and you'll get a nice dpkg slackware package located in /tmp. Navigate to /tmp. use tgz2lzm on the package. Install the lzm.

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post#21 by fanthom » 17 Jan 2011, 22:13

nucleus
White ninja
White ninja

Post#22 by nucleus » 18 Jan 2011, 21:36

The slackbuild did work but the dpkg-trouble persists.

Code: Select all

dpkg: failed to open package info file `/var/dpkg/status' for reading: No such file or directory
fanthom: Don't know how you got the rpm-version installed. Rpm2lzm doesn't work on my system either. It says rpm2cpio has trouble. Rpm2cpio says:
rpm2cpio: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
However, what do you mean with "too old"? Don't think there is a newer version. Aren't porteus' libraries backwards-compatible?
When I post a thread then actually because:
-I wanna discuss WHY I do this or that
-I like linux so much and everything with open source
-I want it as complicate as possible
-I wanna recompile my kernel
-I adore other peoples computer-knowledge

fanthom
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post#23 by fanthom » 19 Jan 2011, 00:02

@nucleus
1) BitDefender files which you linked here are not a standard .deb or .rpm packages. they are '.deb.run' and '.rpm.run' which means that some twisted proprietary installers are implemented there. Standard conversion tools like rpm2lzm or deb2lzm wont help for sure. they must be installed by 'chmod +x package_name.deb.run && ./package_name.deb.run' or simple 'sh package_name.deb.run'. That's probably only way to accept their License.

2) "rpm2cpio: error while loading shared libraries: libnss3.so"
this is another issue, please read the FAQ how to resolve missing dependencies.

3) "Aren't porteus' libraries backwards-compatible?"
unfortunately not. For example: we have troubles with KDE-3.5.x line which was build with png-1.2.x while slackware-current is recompiled against version 1.4.
Glibc is one of the most important libraries in the system and downgrade is not an option, if you do - 90% of other applications will simply stop working.
Moreover - BitDefender has no official precompiled packages for Slackware which may cause another problems like missing dpkg or dirs, settings.

Sorry, but i would give up with this.