New Working Modules and Custom Porteus ISOs

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#106 by Rava » 15 Oct 2023, 04:18

@gomway
Can you please add checksum to your module description and download info?

Download errors might be rare occurrences, but a user having issues because their module is corrupted is easiest and quickest solved if the md5sum (or sha256sum when you want to be extra sure and secure) doesn't match what (s)he downloaded. Image

@gomway²
Did you get the email I sent you on the 14th? You should have received it via "info at porteus.org" and the subject being "New Working Modules and Custom Porteus ISOs"

────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
gomway wrote:
14 Oct 2023, 20:27
Rava wrote:
14 Oct 2023, 19:03
almost 200kbs seems the maximum MF gives to free users.

Browser: opera-stable_102.0.4880.78_amd64_gom.xzm
Download URL: https://www.mediafire.com/file/5amom29p ... m.xzm/file @ brave-browser-dev_1.58.111_amd64_gom.xzm

At a point speed went beyond ~4MB/s before I could ksnip it. Sometime I'll share the update speed too.
Do you mean upload speed instead of update speed?
And when it comes to upload speed, all German ISPs I know of have abyssal upload speeds cause they deem that "unnecessary" since "folks are only about download speeds." :wall:

OffTopic rant:
And it seems it must be due to what the server that is assigned to me is capable of delivering, since I can get at least 10x the speed of what MF offers me, thus it cannot be my own internet speed that's the issue.

But you cannot change what server, well, serves you. And if a global company discriminates - most probably according to where thy think your IP locates you, globally speaking - there is nothing one can do.
Cheers!
Yours Rava

Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Post#107 by Rava » 15 Oct 2023, 18:29

I missed this part:
Ed_P wrote:
08 Aug 2023, 21:38
Actually a website that displays the index rather than downloads it. Maybe one of the other users knows of such a site and can share a link to it.
Use sourceforge.net

Example:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/ikkibo ... s/include/
:D
Cheers!
Yours Rava