Haruna - mpv QT-based GUI Front-end

If you are looking for a specific 64-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 64-bit repos, please post a request for it here
Rava
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: XFCE 5.01 x86_64 + 4.0 i586

Haruna - mpv QT-based GUI Front-end

Post#1 by Rava » 18 Aug 2022, 23:01

Would it make sense to have a Haruna module for Port-recent?

Info here:
https://itsfoss.com/haruna-video-player/
Haruna Video Player: An Open-Source Qt-based MPV GUI Front-end for Linux

Brief: A Qt-based video player for Linux that acts as a front-end to mpv along with the ability to use youtube-dl.
And later on, more detail:
You might find it a bit different from some other video players. Here’s what you get with Haruna video player:

Ability to play YouTube videos directly using the URL
Support playlists and you get to control them easily
Ability to auto-skip based on some words in the subtitle.
Control the playback speed
Change the format to play (audio/video) using youtube-dl
Plenty of keyboard shortcuts
Easily take a screenshot from the video
Option to add primary and secondary subtitle
Change the file format of the screenshot
Hardware decoding supported
Color adjustments to improve the quality of what you watch
Ability to tweak mouse and keyboard shortcuts to be able to quickly navigate and do what you want
Tweak the UI (fonts, theme)
Since Port already has mpv and youtube-dl, Haruna should only be a concern when the DE has not QT by itself…

Has anyone already tried getting Haruna to run? And if yes, which DE did you try it on?

Arggghhh not sure I want to continue, after I managed to resolve approx half of the dependencies I only now realize that all the still missing ones

Code: Select all

libKF5FileMetaData.so.3 => not found
	libKF5KIOCore.so.5 => not found
	libKF5XmlGui.so.5 => not found
	libKF5ConfigWidgets.so.5 => not found
	libKF5ConfigGui.so.5 => not found
	libKF5ConfigCore.so.5 => not found
	libKF5I18n.so.5 => not found
	libKF5ItemViews.so.5 => not found
	libKF5CoreAddons.so.5 => not found
are KDE dependencies. I had no idea that KF5 are all KDE dependencies. :wall: And now the probability is very high that these also need more base KDE dependencies not yet listed. And since we no longer have USM… I am not really feeling well to solve such seemingly endless deep wells like making a KDE program for non KDE DEs. The article quoted reads "Qt-based" and not Qt/KDE based. :crazy:
lookie here: https://pkgs.org/search/?q=libKF5C
Title is "KDE Applications 5 x86_64 "

If anyone who uses KDE5 and wants to continue, post here and I upload

☯ haruna-0.8.0-bp154.1.28.x86_64.xzm
☯ libkf5filemetadata3_5.97.0-1_amd64.xzm <-- you might not even need that, it came up as the 1st dependency and I missed the KDE5 part right then and there.
☯ qt5-base-5.15.3_20220318-x86_64-QuickControls2+Quick+Qml+QmlModels+QuickTemplates2+QmlModels.xzm -- it also includes these missing symlinks:

root@porteus:/module-build-directory# cd usr/lib64/
root@porteus:/module-build-directory/usr/lib64# ln -s libavutil.so.56.70.100 libavutil.so.56.70
root@porteus:/module-build-directory/usr/lib64# ln -s libavfilter.so.7.110.100 libavfilter.so.7.110
root@porteus:/module-build-directory/usr/lib64# ln -s libavformat.so.58.76.100 libavformat.so.58.76
root@porteus:/module-build-directory/usr/lib64# ln -s libavcodec.so.58.134.100 libavcodec.so.58.134
root@porteus:/module-build-directory/usr/lib64# ln -s libswscale.so.5.9.100 libswscale.so.5.9

We have this issue unresolved for now (see also here generic library question )

ldd /usr/bin/haruna |grep not gives me this extra error:

/usr/bin/haruna: /usr/lib64/libQt5Quick.so.5: version `Qt_5.15.2_PRIVATE_API' not found (required by /usr/bin/haruna)
Port 5.0x86-64 has this:

root@porteus:/usr/lib64# file libQt5Quick.so.5.15.3 
libQt5Quick.so.5.15.3: ELF 64-bit LSB shared object, x86-64, version 1 (GNU/Linux), dynamically linked, stripped
and sure, 5.15.3 is NOT 5.15.2 … but hey, libQt, ever heard of downwards compatibility (also named Backward compatibility )? Having 5.15.3 should satisfy any need for 5.15.2.
How does one sate the need for Qt_5.15.2_PRIVATE_API when providing Qt_5.15.3?
Cheers!
Yours Rava