Kuickshow needed

If you are looking for a specific 32-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 32-bit repos, please post a request for it here.
rnport
Black ninja
Black ninja

Kuickshow needed

Post#1 by rnport » 09 May 2011, 01:01

I need kuickshow image viewer application. I am not able to compile the source downloaded. I have also tried to convert slax module kdegraphics, but that is also not working. Can someone please help me.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Re: Kuickshow needed

Post#2 by brokenman » 09 May 2011, 18:38

How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

rnport
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#3 by rnport » 10 May 2011, 01:46

I downloaded the module, converted it to lzm and activated it. But still it does not run since there is no file in bin folders. Also, how do I use the '.index' file? It is not opening with archive manager.

Hamza
Warlord
Warlord
Distribution: Porteus

Post#4 by Hamza » 10 May 2011, 05:05

Could you post the output of your ps-info ?

We need more information for help you correctly.
NjVFQzY2Rg==

rnport
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#5 by rnport » 10 May 2011, 15:53

There is no ps-info command on my system. I think I need to keep xzm module in modules folder. But still kuickshow command does not work. The index file also does not show any files in any bin folder. Please help.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#6 by Ahau » 10 May 2011, 16:14

I think it may be called psinfo instead of ps-info. That's what it's named in 32-bit V1 RC1. Type ps and hit tab twice in a console.

Regarding kuikshow, I think your problem might be that you're missing a dependency. Imlib is required by Kuickshow, and it's not included in porteus by default. Adding Imlib allows this module to run on my system.

Try adding this module: http://www.mediafire.com/?zgd3o0cpb880ucc

It's in .xzm format, so you'll need to convert it to lzm as well...sorry for that.

Inserting that module didn't add a menu item in LXDE. I'm going to see if that's an issue with this module or with RC1...will report back here if it's related to Kuickshow.

EDIT: these modules work fine for me when I keep them in my /porteus/modules folder. The issue I had above was a bug in RC1. As long as that version of kuickshow and Imlib don't depend on more recent libraries than what you have in V09, this should work for you.

-Ahau
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#7 by beny » 10 May 2011, 16:24

rnport you may run the program by console, if something is missing when run the program,it is showed the lack of libraries type in the console the name of program and see the report.

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#8 by brokenman » 10 May 2011, 16:55

That was for the rc1 32bit release. Thats is the only version i support. It works with no dependencies.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

rnport
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#9 by rnport » 12 May 2011, 02:13

I appreciate all your responses. Could not reply earlier as I had to be away whole day yesterday.

I am using porteus-v09.
'psinfo' command is there on the system and the output is: 'cat: /proc/scsi/usb-storage/*: No such file or directory'
'kuickshow' command on command-line gives the output: '-bash: kuickshow: command not found'
I downloaded and activated imlib module, still no success.
I opened the kuickshow.tgz module: it has a doinst.sh file to run; Can I run it to install kuickshow in a particular directory?
Otherwise the module does not have any bin folder or any executable 'kuickshow' file.
Kuickshow from kdegraphics module runs very well on slax.

Please guide me further.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#10 by Ahau » 12 May 2011, 12:48

I think I've figured out your problem (should have been obvious, but I'm a little slow sometimes). You can't convert an .xzm module to .lzm from within V09, it doesn't know how to extract an LZMA2 archive. So, unless you used a V 1.0 install to extract the module, and then repacked it as an .lzm, you're not going to see the files inside it.

I've done just that, and created kuickshow and imlib modules for V09, but I'm still missing one dependency (libtqt.so.4). I'll see if I can piece this together and get it working in V09 tomorrow morning, but for now I have to go to bed.

Thanks!

Posted after 7 hours 6 minutes 41 second:
Try this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7t18uq4chhtt7zt

Built and tested in V09.

Thanks!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

rnport
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#11 by rnport » 12 May 2011, 13:38

Thank you. It seems to work well. I will use it more and let you know if there is any problem.

I was wondering why the source file from project site did not compile.