[solved] XFCE?

If you are looking for a specific 32-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 32-bit repos, please post a request for it here.
blablotin
Black ninja
Black ninja

[solved] XFCE?

Post#1 by blablotin » 22 Mar 2011, 15:28

Hello, I would like to replace lxde by xfce in porteus V09, so I deleted lxde it is OK.
Then I downloaded the files and the deps from this mirror: http://connie.slackware.com/~rworkman/x ... ages/i486/
finnaly I extracted filesin one folder to regroup xfce with its dependencies to put in /base/006-xfce.

After the reboot, I try to start up xfce by the commande startxfce4 but it said
error while loading shared libraries: libwnck-1.so.22: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
even after having activated this module from http://www.slax.org/modules.php?action=detail&id=1606.

So what is the best way to install xfce in porteus v09 please?
I believed that all dependence where on deps folder of connie's package: so how can we guest every other dependences?
Last edited by blablotin on 24 Mar 2011, 08:16, edited 1 time in total.

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Re: XFCE?

Post#2 by Ahau » 22 Mar 2011, 17:49

The packages on that site will (I think) give you a working XFCE system on a standard Slackware install. Since Porteus is not a full Slack install (many packages have been removed), you are still missing many dependencies. Activate your XFCE module, then run:

slackyd -u
slackyd -d

you will need:
cdparanoia-III
gst-plugins-base
gstreamer
libexif
libnotify
libtheora
libvisual
libwnck
libxklavier

Maybe more---

You'll probably be asked to upload some pthyon and mysql packages as well, I don't believe those are needed for XFCE.

I think you'll also want to download an icon theme (tango) to get icons working in thunar, but I haven't gotten that far yet.

This creates a much larger module than LXDE (around 30MB), because so many dependencies are configured in. Some day, I hope to compile it from source, to build it a little leaner.

Good luck!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

beny
Full of knowledge
Full of knowledge

Post#3 by beny » 22 Mar 2011, 19:58

with the base system of porteus 32 you need the xfce package on slackware current plus libwnck and work, but some icons draws an x in the middle i think you need the icon package gtk or gnome,but i haven't test hard.

Posted after 31 minute 48 seconds:
bingo with the gnome icon package the x in the icon go away

Ahau
King of Docs
King of Docs
Distribution: LXDE & Xfce 32/64-bit

Post#4 by Ahau » 22 Mar 2011, 23:13

Ah, beny is right -- I missed that this is 32 bit. my advice above was for 64-bit, and the dependencies are likely different. Still, activate what you've got, then see what slackyd gives you for dependencies. Sorry for spacing on this one!
Please take a look at our online documentation, here. Suggestions are welcome!

blablotin
Black ninja
Black ninja

Post#5 by blablotin » 23 Mar 2011, 09:28

Hello, thank you very much for showing the tool slackyd. it is usefull when we don't know where to find missing packages.

finally I needed to download

libpoppler-glib.so.6
libpoppler.so.12
libexif.so.12
libnotify.so.1
libxklavier.so.16
libwnck-1.so.22
libvte.so.9

will pass to test.
cheer.

edit, now, Xfce seem to be pleasing.
here is the link for porteus V0932, I have decided to groupe dependency