Calligra office suite in place of KOffice

If you are looking for a specific 32-bit package and you can't find it in any of the 32-bit repos, please post a request for it here.
miguipda
Samurai
Samurai

Calligra office suite in place of KOffice

Post#1 by miguipda » 13 Jun 2012, 06:09

Hi,

is it possible to integrate and give us the Calligra suite in place of KOffice ?
http://www.calligra-suite.org/

Sincerely thanks and have a nice day,

Miguipda ;-)

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Re: Calligra office suite in place of KOffice

Post#2 by wread » 13 Jun 2012, 11:07

The Calligra Suite is very eye-pleasant, but it is still in Beta-version; it still lacks the handling of x-files of MS (docx, xlsx, etc). Besides, you will need KDE-4 to run it. KDE-4 32-bits is not an official Porteus version, but you can easily "compose" it if you are a little advanced and can hack a little bit our Porteus.

If you are one of the 53 downloaders of the 004-kde4.xzm module and are running KDE-4 in 32-bits, I can send you a tar package of Calligra-2.3.91 (8 modules), let me know. I myself use rather LibreOffice-3.4.5; it is almost as cute and is ready for production.

Regards!
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard

Post#3 by wread » 14 Feb 2013, 03:02

Calligra 2.6.0 is out. They say it is now ready for production. I downloaded it from Alien Bob and added the necessary stack of modules to make it work in Porteus 2.0 kde4-32 bits. It is awesome; here some snapshots...

The stack is about 80 Mb in size, not bad for nine applications, 7 office and 2 graghics!
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).

brokenman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Distribution: Porteus v4 all desktops

Post#4 by brokenman » 15 Feb 2013, 13:47

Looks like we have a nice contender for the office suite. If i can reduce the file size i might be looking to replace gimp with this office suite in 32bit for next version.
How do i become super user?
Wear your underpants on the outside and put on a cape.

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard

Post#5 by wread » 16 Feb 2013, 17:08

@brokenman
Although they say it is production ready, Calligra still depends on Qt3Support, that is now obsolete; on the other hand, calligra plan and calligra workpackage handler are bound to akonadi. Akonadi may be a good thing, but it makes KDE big and slow (the same is true for nepomuk).

I have the feeling KDE is segregating akonadi and nepomuk gradually, so you can choose having them if you have a big system and you like these features, or you can leave them out if your system is moderate in size (our case). Calligra runs under kde 4.10.0 that has still some bugs. I tried to run it under 4.9.5 and it rejected it!

Of course, when Calligra reaches version 2.7 or so, it will be a candidate for Office on Porteus, I guess. the development is going in that direction.

Regards!

Saman
Black ninja
Black ninja
Distribution: Porteus 2.1 RC1 KDE / LXDE

Post#6 by Saman » 19 May 2013, 15:59

The post is pretty old, I hope that you guys prepared the module for KDE porteus by far, If not take a look at this which was made by manfred mueller:
http://www.slax.org/en/modules.php?deta ... ry=editors

Although It feels like it is akonadi and nepumak free, personally I do not recommend anyone use Calligra suite as it is based on latest KDE and also it can not save the file on original formats such as docx ... :no:

However tiny size is really wonderful
All these, I can not bear to witness any longer. Can not the kingdom of salvation take me home?
-Cliff Burton R.I.P.-