Intel compute stick

Here you can post about your various experiences with PC hardware. You can also post about hardware that is not compatible with the linux kernel or not recommended for use with Porteus.
jonasth
Ronin
Ronin
Distribution: Ubuntu, Mint

Intel compute stick

Post#1 by jonasth » 19 Jun 2016, 18:56

I installed Porteus upon my intel compute stick, it seem work fine and i really like the bootloader since it automatically detect other OS i have on USB hdd "ubuntu compatibles like mint". I use an external wifi, but it would be nice if Porteus could support the Intel graphic/sound and wifi/bluetooth on the card.

I've been playing around quite a bit with my compute stick and i try to get it booting Windows XP so far without success. It would be neat is i somehow could install grub4dos and reach it from the isolinux? bootloader and that why manage to get boot installlation at least to start, would that be possible?

Since porteus storing and memory demands is quite ideal for intel compute stick it would be nice if it was supported.

Jonas Th

wread
Module Guard
Module Guard
Distribution: Porteus v5.0-kde-64 bits

Re: Intel compute stick

Post#2 by wread » 20 Jun 2016, 01:00

That seems to be a tablet without screen :Search:
Porteus is proud of the FASTEST KDE ever made.....(take akonadi, nepomuk and soprano out and you will have a decent OS).
The Porteus Community never sleeps!

fullmoonremix

Re: Intel compute stick

Post#3 by fullmoonremix » 20 Jun 2016, 02:02

Salutations... :good:

I purchased a Lenovo "Idea" Stick/Centre (OEM Intel Compute Stick) over the holidays. It's a truly whimsical device.
However... for security reasons (Coreboot) I had to deprecate it in favor of Chrome(box/book).
(see... http://webwarper.net/ww/~av/forum.porte ... =61&t=5332 )

"Best Regards"... :beer:

Posted by 73.150.85.78 via http://webwarper.net
This is added while posting a message to avoid misusing the service
Last edited by fullmoonremix on 20 Jun 2016, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.