Laptop

Here you can post about your various experiences with PC hardware. You can also post about hardware that is not compatible with the linux kernel or not recommended for use with Porteus.
Jack
Contributor
Contributor
Distribution: Porteus and Nemesis

Re: Laptop

Post#16 by Jack » 15 May 2014, 00:26

When I do get it I'm going to run Porteus Mate and if everything works. I will format the HD and then copy the files to it the HD and then I'll have Porteus Mate on a 160GB HD it should run fast. I hope so.
I just like Slackware because I think it teach you about Linux to build packages where Ubuntu is like Windows you just install programs you want.

dupek
White ninja
White ninja
Distribution: Porteus KDE v3.4-i486

Post#17 by dupek » 23 Jun 2014, 13:36

Gateway NE71B- Porteus works "out of the box". It does come with win8, but I downgraded to 7. Some other Linux distros works too - All Ubuntu base and some Debian base. Rpms have issue with video-some you have to boot into safe mode and the add "non-free" video driver. In my experience - The Mint and the Kali are the best for full install, but Kali only with let you use the root account.
All variants of X11 works fine, but the best is KDE. If you are looking for cheap laptop the the Gateway would be a good choice.

fullmoonremix

Post#18 by fullmoonremix » 03 Apr 2016, 04:51

Salutations... :good:

If you viewtopic.php?f=81&t=5683&p=43724&hilit ... del#p43724 consider AMD products.

Best Regards... :beer: